Clear Tinnitus® — Herbal Temporary Remedy (?)

Discussion in 'Alternative Treatments and Research' started by calin, Jan 7, 2012.

tinnitus forum
    1. calin
      Inspired

calin Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Oct 2011
    2. Jim
      Happy

Jim Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2007
      Homeopathic remedy...no need to waste money on this.

The seller claims this to be a homeopathic remedy. Homeopathy has been shown time and again to be worthless. The reviews are anecdotal and though possibly interesting they have no evidentiary value. Show me a double blind study or some science based mechanism that this should work and I will be interested. I really saddens me to see this kind of stuff being peddled by charlatans to desperate people willing to try anything. Again, don't waste your money and don't support these quacks who prey on the misery of others.

3. calin
      Inspired

calin Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Oct 2011
      I understand about the arguments with homeopathy. Some people use it exclusively though. I was just posting it for those who want to consider it. If you have tried it, just say so. If not, others may have and can post their reviews. No harm posting it Jim. I am not endorsing it and I hope that is clear.

4. Jim
      Happy

Jim Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2007
      Yes I understand that. And my response to your post will possibly motivate people to read up on the "theory" behind homeopathy before they consider it. In my experience many people use the word and have no idea what it actually means. The word is so commonly used that it has taken on some undeserved legitimacy. The fact that you post it here gives it some legitimacy. It has none. It would be comical if it wasn't so frequently used to swindle people.

5. calin
      Inspired

calin Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Oct 2011
      Some legitimacy.... hmmm...

Jim, I posted the mixed reviews. People can make up their own minds about a $12 bottle of herbs or whatever is in it.

And, I would not dismiss the power of placebo. The placebo effect is HUGE! It is our minds mainly that can make or break recovery.

Please watch this on the placebo effect on none other than an actual surgery.

6. Jim
      Happy

Jim Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2007
      Yes, of course. Millions are spent every year on worthless medical fraud.

Nor would I. Placebo has been studied thoroughly and has been shown to be effective in certain circumstances. The controversy is that it is dependent on the patient being DECEIVED. However interesting and useful mainly for research. Most legit researchers have agreed that that this is unethical and bad medicine. You won't find your doctor prescribing a placebo any time soon.

7. calin
      Inspired

calin Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Oct 2011
      hmmm... "You won't find your doctor prescribing a placebo any time soon."
      Not according to the national Institute of Health - NIH.

These were from 2008. I bet there are many more incidents of placebo prescribing these days based on the overwhelming success of placebos.

Factual Shit - 50% of Doctors Prescribe Placebos

Doctors Commonly Give Placebos

Here is how beliefs and the brain work to relieve symptoms! Science - real science!
      The Placebo Effect:

The Placebo Effect

8. Jim
      Happy

Jim Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2007
      I'm very well aware of how placebo works. This is irrelevant. The fact is that the company selling Clear Tinnitus is marketing their product as a "homeopathic remedy". That is why I responded to your post. If you are suggesting that their product is worth purchasing because it may have a placebo effect in spite of the fact that it is being marketed as something else altogether, then I fail to see your point. You could use that for excuse to justify any product. Get it?They are advertising a homeopathic herbal treatment. Not a placebo.

A placebo is an inert substance that has no physiological effect. You will not find doctors prescribing a true placebo unless they are fearless of being sued for malpractice. Not in the U.S. anyway.

9. calin
      Inspired

calin Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Oct 2011
      The Doctor clearly stated they were prescribing placebos in the video. They explain more about that in the video. They do prescribe placebos.

I commented about your comment - "You won't find your doctor prescribing a placebo any time soon." Clearly that was what I posted above about. You cannot even accept that you are incorrect - even when the NIH gave the public the information that they do give placebos!

No where did I endorse the product. Please do not keep suggesting that. I offered is as something I found. Nothing more. And if homeopathy did not help people, they would not be selling the products or manufacturing them. The FDA would shut them down. They still might with the way they are heading on policy with supplements and such.

Lighten up Jim.... We are all in this together.

10. Jim
      Happy

Jim Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2007
      I actually have no problem with being wrong or being corrected. That's one way to learn and move forward.
      But if you listen closely to the video you will hear Dr. Emanuel himself say "well they're not prescribing a sugar pill because you can't prescribe a sugar pill, they are prescribing a vitamin or an nsaid or a something". This may elicit a response in the patient, but this is not the same as prescribing a placebo. I stand by my statement. But I did responded to your initial post to address the fact that it was a homeopathic product and somehow now we are talking about placebo effect.

I did not mean to insinuate that you did. It was pretty obvious you were just throwing it out there for discussion so I picked it up and ran with it. I apologize if I gave that impression. But it does kinda sound like homeopathy is ok with you. I could post a bunch of links to info debunking it if you like. Maybe we should start a thread on it in the general chat category.

I disagree. Homeopathy is water. They manufacture and sell it because there is money to be made.

No sweat, I enjoy a good discussion :)

11. calin
      Inspired

calin Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Oct 2011
      I saw this some time ago. I have less faith in homeopathy now.... but, I still hear about people swearing by it. This supports your view! ;) You can watch the first parts on YT.

Horizon Tests Homeopathy - Part 5 of 5

Horizon Tests Homeopathy - Part 5 of 5

12. Jim
      Happy

Jim Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2007
      Thanks Calin, yes the more research you do on homeopathy the more you will realize just how ridiculous it is.

People swear by voodoo too but does this give it any credibility? I think this is called an "appeal to popularity".

But I think we may be beating a dead horse here. Maybe we should open a new thread on 'Bogus Tinnitus Treatments". There are plenty of them out there.

cheers,:cool:

13. briano
      Wishful

briano Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2013
      Greetings all,
      I first got tinnitus in the beginning of September 2013. I was listening to an album that I was making and playing the music too loud in my headphones/car. This was all my fault. It only took two weeks of 45 min. per day of listening to cause the my tinnitus. The tinnitus that I've had was a high pitch computer-ish sound along with a hiss. I've been to 3 ear doctors and they told me to try and not think about it and that it may go away and to reduce my stress and anxiety. I've been taking CoQ-10 (60mg), "Clear Tinnitus" (4-5 pills per day) and an herbal supplement called "YinVive Tinnitus" (3 pills per day) and have been praying for the past 2 months. I've also used the doctors advice and tried to not think of the tinnitus sounds and to reduce my stress as much as possible. One of the members of this group said that he would concentrate and think of the hissing sound in his ears and imagine lowering it with a dial and that seemed to work for him. I did that too. I would also turn on the radio or make noise to avoid complete silence. My tinnitus always seemed to be the worst when the room was silent.

I am reluctant to say that I have been cured but it has been 3 days since I've had my tinnitus. I believe that the combination of "Clear Tinnitus", the lowered stress and the "not thinking about it" are the three things that have helped me. If I am not cured, the level of tinnitus is low enough that it is not really a bother to me. I've read the reviews of "Clear Tinnitus" on Amazon.com. It seems to work on 50% of the people. It also seems to start working once you start to use the second bottle of it. For me, that has been the case. Right now, I would recommend trying (2) bottles of this product, lower your stress and to try not to think about the hiss/noise and prayers. I don't know if this helped me because I've only had tinnitus for a short time or if I am just fooling my brain. Either way, I want to share with all of you a possible treatment that may work for you. I'll keep you updated on my situation.

All the best,
      Brian

• Like Like x 1
      • Friendly Friendly x 1
    14. Danny
      Fine

Danny Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      you would recommend 2 bottles......right now.....bullshit....reads like your a schill,,,snake oil salesman....you would recommend 2 bottles ....really? I recommend your a dick

15. Rina
      Energetic

Rina Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/18/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Really don't know
      Hello... A friend who is a homeopathic person recommended this clear tinnitus for me.. Has anyone taken this before or heard of it?

image.jpg

16. erik
      Breezy

erik Manager Staff Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/15/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Most likely hearing loss
      Ingredients: Calcearea Carbonica 6X, Chinchona Officinalis 3X, Chininum Sulphuricum 3X, Graphitus 3X, Kali Carbonicum 6X, Kali Iodium 3X, Lycopodium 3X, Salicylicum Acidum 3X. Also (Herbal Extracts) Pueraria Root, Platycodon Root, Angelica Root, Ligustici Root, Peony Root, Coix Seed, Magnolia Flower, Notopterygil Root, Scutallaria Root, Tangerine Peel, Cinnamon Bark, Ginger Root, Licorice Toot, Vegi-caps

I would say--No this does not work. However, it is not overly expensive like some of the other Tinnitus products out there. There are lots of reviews. Amazon has the most (117 reviews) and it gets 2.5 stars out of 5 -- http://www.amazon.com/Clear-Products-Tinnitus-Homeopathic-Capsules/dp/B0014AX72I.

The thing about this and the other T treatments is they have been around for a few years at least. With millions of people suffering from tinnitus, if ANY of these products actually worked, we would know about it because word of mouth would alone sell these like wildfire,. They would also be recommended by every doctor and ENT. The fact is they are not and that alone should be your caution.

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    17. Danny Boy
      Cheerful

Danny Boy Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      7/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection
      Mostly likely snake-oil.

• Like Like x 1
    18. linearb
      Psychedelic

linearb Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      it's an amazingly effective way to lose weight. In your wallet.

• Like Like x 1
      • Funny Funny x 1
    19. BobDigi
      Kick ass

BobDigi Member

Tinnitus Since:
      homeopathic means 'to con'

• Like Like x 1
    20. Danny Boy
      Cheerful

Danny Boy Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      7/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection
      Yeah, must've lost a few pounds after this haha

• Funny Funny x 1
    21. briano
      Wishful

briano Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2013
      Danny,
      I don't appreciate your response. I was trying to be helpful. I make no money from this product. I was just sharing what I thought was helpful at that time. In the long run, the product didn't cure my tinnitus. It helped to reduce the noise but it was not a cure.

• Helpful Helpful x 1