Clear Tinnitus® — Herbal Temporary Remedy (?)

Discussion in 'Alternative Treatments and Research' started by calin, Jan 7, 2012.

1. calin
      Inspired

calin Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Oct 2011
    2. Jim
      Happy

Jim Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2007
      Homeopathic remedy...no need to waste money on this.

The seller claims this to be a homeopathic remedy. Homeopathy has been shown time and again to be worthless. The reviews are anecdotal and though possibly interesting they have no evidentiary value. Show me a double blind study or some science based mechanism that this should work and I will be interested. I really saddens me to see this kind of stuff being peddled by charlatans to desperate people willing to try anything. Again, don't waste your money and don't support these quacks who prey on the misery of others.

• Agree Agree x 2
    3. Rina
      Energetic

Rina Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/18/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Really don't know
      Hello... A friend who is a homeopathic person recommended Clear Tinnitus for me... Has anyone taken this before or heard of it?

image.jpg

4. erik
      Cool

erik Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      04/15/2012 or earlier?
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Most likely hearing loss
      Ingredients: Calcearea Carbonica 6X, Chinchona Officinalis 3X, Chininum Sulphuricum 3X, Graphitus 3X, Kali Carbonicum 6X, Kali Iodium 3X, Lycopodium 3X, Salicylicum Acidum 3X. Also (Herbal Extracts) Pueraria Root, Platycodon Root, Angelica Root, Ligustici Root, Peony Root, Coix Seed, Magnolia Flower, Notopterygil Root, Scutallaria Root, Tangerine Peel, Cinnamon Bark, Ginger Root, Licorice Toot, Vegi-caps​

I would say--No this does not work. However, it is not overly expensive like some of the other Tinnitus products out there. There are lots of reviews. Amazon has the most (117 reviews) and it gets 2.5 stars out of 5 -- http://www.amazon.com/Clear-Products-Tinnitus-Homeopathic-Capsules/dp/B0014AX72I.

The thing about this and the other tinnitus treatments is they have been around for a few years at least. With millions of people suffering from tinnitus, if ANY of these products actually worked, we would know about it because word of mouth would alone sell these like wildfire. They would also be recommended by every doctor and ENT. The fact is they are not and that alone should be your caution.

• Agree Agree x 3
      • Like Like x 1
    5. Danny Boy
      Cheerful

Danny Boy Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      7/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection
      Mostly likely snake oil.

• Like Like x 2
    6. linearb
      Psychedelic

linearb Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

beliefs are makyo and reality ignores them
      Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      It's an amazingly effective way to lose weight. In your wallet.

• Like Like x 2
      • Funny Funny x 2
    7. BobDigi
      Kick ass

BobDigi Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise
      Homeopathic means 'to con'.

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    8. Danny Boy
      Cheerful

Danny Boy Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      7/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection
      Yeah, must've lost a few pounds after this haha.

• Like Like x 1
      • Funny Funny x 1
    9. Allan1967

Allan1967 Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection
      Hi

I bought some 'Clear Tinnitus' tablets off Amazon and I'm wondering if they could possible make tinnitus worse or say interact with medication?

Anyone any ideas?

Since getting 10 days ago I'm sure my tinnitus is worse but then again I've increased my antidepressant dose back up following 3 weeks of not really bothering with it due to illness - also 10 days ago; plus using olive oil in my ears twice - also in the same week PLUS compacted ear wax PLUS a head cold and temporarily blocked Eustachian tubes and muffled hearing also in the same week!

It's difficult to work out what might be causing it, but this was something that came to mind.

10. Uklawyer

Uklawyer Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Medication - antidepressants
    11. Nick47

Nick47 Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Viral/noise