Clonazepam Withdrawal

Discussion in 'Support' started by TracyJS, Jun 1, 2018.

1. Adzy
      Transparent

Adzy Member

Tinnitus Since:
      May 18, 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Middle Ear Infection
      @TracyJS I was one clonazepam foe about a year due to tension headaches. The only way was able to get off was regular exercise each day to increase my endorphins. I felt anxiety only on the days I didn't do atleast 30 minutes of something. I was 30 lbs over weight easy. I tapered down to .05 a night and then one night just forgit to take it. Then I went every other. I still asked for ome more months prescription and kept it safe as a reserve making me feel like if I had a panic attack or something, it was there. I only had a couple panic attacks at the beginning cause I didn't know What was wrong with my head. It was stress induced tension headaches that became chronic. If this is your only problem right now and the T is reciding or gone, good for you.

2. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      TracyJS

TracyJS Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      2/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      Hi everyone,
      I have been able to withdrawal from Clonazepam down to about .2 or .125 dose a day. However, I’m having a hard time completely stopping since my tinnitus has gotten worse, much sharper than before.

I have heard about Valium crossover and was thinking about going that. Can anyone advise.
      What would be the dose of Valium to switch to and for how long.

At this point doctors are not helpful.

Thanks.

3. kelpiemsp
      Swamped

kelpiemsp Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      birth/ recent spike 2/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Born with ETD, several acoustic traumas, most recently ETD
      That's about 3mg of valium. It is prescribed in 2s, 5s, and 10s. You can also get a liquid version which makes tapering much easier.

4. J.Hartog
      Worried

J.Hartog Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Life
      I am in the same boat at the moment. Also tapering and also spiking T and it is freaking me out. I don't know what to do :(

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      TracyJS

Tinnitus Since:
      2/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      I’m so sorry you are freaking out. I am feeling the same way. I’m feeling desperate for help.

6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      TracyJS

Tinnitus Since:
      2/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      How long who you recommend taking 3 mg Valium instead of the Clonazepam. Been tapering for about 6-7 weeks. Only took it a month and not consistently.

7. J.Hartog
      Worried

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Life
      Me too, but were is the help? Doctors cant cure T, and have no idea benzo's worsen T or any other med that can help. My only hope now is after my taper it will return to baseline. But I still have a few months to taper and after that to heal. I am getting very desperate ATM. This is asking all the strength I have and I feel like im falling apart. I just pray for a cure or treatment anytime soon. The withdrawal is making me very depressed already and now I need to deal with louder T. I wish I never touched that poison.

• Hug Hug x 1
    8. Greg Sacramento

Greg Sacramento Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2011
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Syringing + Somatic tinnitus from dental work
      @TracyJS You should look at the Ashton Guide if you want to convert. It has a chart and basically she does take into account those with tinnitus where an actual withdrawal period should be longer. I had posted the link for this under your original thread.

9. J.Hartog
      Worried

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Life
      @Greg Sacramento I have read the Ashton manual, I have seen her listing tinnitus as a side effect of withdrawal, but I never seen her take into account those with tinnitus where an actual withdrawal period should be longer. Are you sure about this?

• Like Like x 1
    10. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      TracyJS

Tinnitus Since:
      2/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      Thanks. I did see it. I found the whole thing confusing. Find a lot of written information overwhelming. I don’t see myself being able to do a wet taper. I was just looking for the equivalent dose of Valium for about .2 of Clonazepam.
      I also only took it for about a month and not always regularly.

11. Starthrower
      Wtf

Starthrower Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      January 2002
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Dental Surgery
      I agree with your assessment Tracy. Plus it is a scary read because while those people are in a bad place it is not the truth for other people needing or using this medication.

One month and a low dose and not taken consistently should not qualify as being addicted to the point of physical addiction.

Going off the medication as you did slowly should be okay. But you need help with the issue of anxiety. And I know that is a tough situation for you right now.

Just thinking of you. I wish I had the solution.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    12. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      TracyJS

Tinnitus Since:
      2/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      @Starthrower
      I am still on a a very small dose of Clonazepam. I think my tinnitus has gotten worse since I’m almost off.
      Don’t quite know what to do.
      Been taking some Ambien at night to sleep. Doesn’t help much.
      I wish you had a solution, too.

13. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      TracyJS

Tinnitus Since:
      2/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      @Starthrower
      I think I might have to try some medication. I really am afraid to but just don’t know what else to do.
      I can’t keep going on this way.

14. J.Hartog
      Worried

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Life
      Is there anyone with a finished taper and had their T quiet back down? I wish I never touched this stuff :(