Cold and Sore Throat

Discussion in 'Support' started by Hariz Nonis, Jan 24, 2016.

1. Hariz Nonis
      Loved

Hariz Nonis Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      So I just recovered from a cold and a sore throat that went on for a week. My throat, which the left side was affected, still hasn't fully recovered. Sometimes my left ear feels blocked. Even when I pop my ears, my left ear will get blocked once again when I swallow my saliva for example. I thought it might have had to do with drinking cold water, but after drinking a glass of hot tea, I had the same thing happen. This doesn't cause any pain or loss of hearing, but it really feels uncomfortable. I still have some phlegm in my throat, so idk if that might have anything to do with it. I really hope someone is at least able to explain why all this is happening, and I really hope it can totally go away.

2. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Hariz Nonis
      Loved

Hariz Nonis Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I should also add that when I blow my nose, sometimes I feel this 'air rushing' feeling in my ear too. I guess that's how I can describe it

3. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Ears are the last to recover after a cold.
      Try a mucous lintus and steam inhalation to see if it helps...lots of love glynis

• Like Like x 1
    4. Mike K
      Tolerant

Mike K Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/14/15
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Sinus Infection?
      My tinnitus came from a sinus infection and I have also been hearing a clicking when I swallow. I believe it's because there is mucus in the eustachian tubes that hasn't completely cleared. This can cause our ears to feel plugged from time to time when swallowing. Steam definitely helps, as well as warm liquids.

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Hariz Nonis
      Loved

Hariz Nonis Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      @glynis @Mike K
      Thanks for the replies! Mike, I also have a clicking sound but those don't disturb me. So far driking hot water helps, hopefully it goes away soon

• Winner Winner x 1