Colleague's Friend Had Tinnitus Go Away After 5 Months After Acupuncture

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by anusha, Jan 23, 2018.

1. anusha
      Buzzed

anusha Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Nov 29 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Perforated eardrum
      Hello,

Just wanted to update one of my colleague mentioned that her friend's tinnitus went away after acupuncture.

I was waiting to see if my tinnitus will go away since past 53days. I haven't seen any change. So, I called her today and spoke.

She mentioned her T came suddenly and did not know the cause.

She mentioned she went to Chiropractor for 11 sittings and did not see any results.

She later went to acupuncture and T vanished after 5 sittings.

She did not know the cause. She did mention that days when she had less sleep or tensed T was more and when she was restful T was calm. So, I was thinking probably stress was the cause. She did mention she did not have any high blood pressure and everything was normal.

Even though this is not my success story. I thought I will share a success story which I heard in my circle. This is 3rd success story I am hearing.

• Like Like x 5
      • Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    2. binsonica

binsonica Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      February 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Neck treatment
      Hi!
      Thanks for sharing. This is very encouraging since I have my first acupuncture appointment on Tuesday. I've heard lots of people got rid of their tinnitus with this method. I guess it all depends on the nature of your tinnitus and of course on the experience of the acupuncturist. How many treatments did you have?

• Like Like x 1
    3. Dginobile

Dginobile Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown, Satan perhaps?
      Hi @anusha thank you for this I am looking into trying acupuncture as well, do you know what hers sounded like and how long she had it? Did she have it for 5 months or it went away after 5 months of acupuncture? I don’t know what caused mine could have been medication, stress, noise from an MRI, or a leak of spinal fluid from a spinal tap my Tinnitus started on 12/17 however I remember hearing it once a few days before that but it was so low I didn’t pay attention to it but on 12/17 it came on ROARING loud out of nowhere I nearly had a nervous breakdown it is a high pitched tone that seems to be coming from the CENTER OF MY HEAD rather than my ears and it’s frustrating not knowing the cause. I am currently using Xanax just to function for my family during the day :(

• Hug Hug x 1
    4. attheedgeofscience
      No Mood

attheedgeofscience Member Podcast Patron Mighty Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Resolved since 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown (medication, head injury)
      For those interested in digging into the details on acupuncture for treating tinnitus, below are the links for two review articles (i.e. articles that review all other articles to-date at the time of the review). Unfortunately, the most recent one (from 2014) is paywalled and so I cannot attach it here. But, below is the abstract:

upload_2018-1-23_22-28-58.png

Link: www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25344063

Another review is from 2012 (and is available as open access):

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22805113

Attached Files:

• Informative Informative x 1
    5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      anusha
      Buzzed

anusha Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Nov 29 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Perforated eardrum
      It says risk bias. I would want to try it for its success rate but is there a chance that it would make it bad?

I would like some suggested whether or not it is advisable to try.

I am in ginko and vitamin b12 tablets since 35days and have not seen any results. Taking ACV since 10days and I feel its 10-15% less in volume. I am thinking about Acupuncture but do not know much about it. So would like to know completely before going for the treatment.

6. Dginobile

Dginobile Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown, Satan perhaps?
      @anusha hi not sure if you saw the previous message above?

7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      anusha
      Buzzed

anusha Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Nov 29 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Perforated eardrum
      I did not have any. I would like to know if there are any risks for accupunture?

I am getting an MRI next week to rule out any internal problems. If everything is normal my next hope is accupunture.

8. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      anusha
      Buzzed

anusha Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Nov 29 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Perforated eardrum
      She said she had it for 5-6months. She tried acupuncture for 5sittings. Every week 1appointment of acupuncture so 5weeks of acupuncture cured her T. She did not know the cause either.

I am going for an MRI :( did they not give any ear plugs ? I am planning to take my own ear plugs and ear mask. Hopefully it won't worse my T. :-/

I totally get it. I cried like a crazy person every single day for the first one month. Mine started on Nov 29 2017 and still coming to terms with T. I have a friend with T he has it since 1year and his optimism towards life is my inspiration. I still complain and sob but less than last month. Mine feels like its coming from the center of my head too. I feel the sound is generated from back of my head and not ear. As if there is some electrical work going on in back :-/

Try white noise machine at home. It helps me not panic and be normal.

• Like Like x 1
    9. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      anusha
      Buzzed

anusha Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Nov 29 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Perforated eardrum
      Please let me know your experience with T after acupuncture. Thank you.

10. Dginobile

Dginobile Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown, Satan perhaps?
      @anusha God bless her and may she enjoy her silence!!! I Pray we all get our silence back soon! And yes the gave me ear plugs and muffs but from what I’ve read sound can also pass through your head into your auditory system but I’m not sure. I still cry then I get angry and cry again it’s a viscous cycle. I just wish it wasn’t 24/7! My brain needs a break :(

11. Dginobile

Dginobile Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown, Satan perhaps?
      @anusha my dr ordered another MRI aid my spine to check to see if I’m leaking spinal fluid and I’m terrified it will make things worse

12. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      anusha
      Buzzed

anusha Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Nov 29 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Perforated eardrum
      Thank you I am praying too.

Oh... I checked with my ENT as he was scheduling the MRI for next week to make sure everything is ok. He mentioned tinnitus wouldn't get worse and ear plugs and muffs will be provided and I can take too. I can't skip MRI scaring this I need to rule out that the hydrogen peroxide poured in my ruptured ear drum did not cause any internal damage. My ear drum is close and hearing is normal but still have T. So, MRI is to rule out everything. I will pray god and wear ear plugs for MRI all I can do is that :(

I totally get you. I cried endlessly and got tired of crying :( I cry once in a while when I feel how am I gonna face this if its not going to go away. I feel the more I think about it the more it gets me. It's been 2 months initially I spoke about it to every person I met (outside work) Later I realized the more I talk the more I panic and self pity mode. I know its very hard so I am taking a day at a time and trying out things that could work. Basically trial and error.

So, I started exercising, yoga, working late hours, socializing more because that makes me think less about my T. Talk less about T with people. I have a long way to go. My mom and one of my friend are my inspiration. My mom has it since 10years and never let T come in way in caring enough for us.

I am sure you will be out of that cycle soon. I cried a lot and then slowly getting tired of crying. I am focusing on goals like workout, eat better and try for various things that could diminish T.

• Like Like x 1
    13. Nics2drescue
      Inspired

Nics2drescue Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I went to accupunture and it worsened my tinnitus big time. Now that could have just been my bad luck. So don't take my word that it doesn't work. It just didn't work for me. So far now I have only had 3 sessions so it's not as if I've been going a long time but it worsened my T so I'm not hopeful.

• Agree Agree x 1
    14. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      anusha
      Buzzed

anusha Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Nov 29 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Perforated eardrum
      I am sorry. I did not go for acupuncture yet. That is the story of colleagues friend. I am planning to go after a month.
      I hope its a temporary spike. I had a spike when I took antibiotics for very bad cold and throat infection. Spike came down after 3-4days.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1