Comprehensive Trigger Point Self-Massage

Discussion in 'Support' started by rtwombly, Sep 16, 2014.

1. rtwombly
      Bookworm

rtwombly Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Someone mentioned I should post this on the hyperacusis board. I've not had hyperacusis for months after following these instructions from Dr. Hobbs. Quite involved, but well worth it if you can get some release.

Home Trigger Point Therapy for Tinnitus,...

• Like Like x 4
    2. Della
      Creative

Della Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2014
      • Like Like x 1
    3. Belle4412

Belle4412 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Just discovered the same video - the exercises are excellent - I'm finding using deep massage - & locating painful trigger points helpful - as part of my program to manage my T.

I massage the points before bed - which also helps to relax.

I do have chronic neck & back pain & always seen a chiro - massaging trigger points on other parts of my body have worked - which lead me to this idea.

• Like Like x 1
    4. Lilah
      Mellow

Lilah Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I have found a few trigger points in my muscles (including the neck muscle pictured above). How do I get the muscles to release (go lower in volume?)? All my trigger points increase in volume and stay there.

5. Daniel Lion
      Ape-like

Daniel Lion Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise trauma, hearing loss
      You get muscles to release generally through massage therapy... if I'm to understand release as in relax. I am my second week into a return of hyperacusis and the same shitty old tinnitus, probably a bit louder. I've been getting foot, hand and head rubs daily. They're cheap here, like 12 dollars for two hours. So, that's a nice thing about the developing world. If you're back at home, where that would cost a fortune, find a friend to help. I think hot baths, relaxation is really important. Self massage, putting s ball under your neck and lying down on it. A ball, or massage tool that's firm, and let it gig in. Acupuncture is another good way to free up muscle tension.

I hope the hyperacusis goes soon, I'm walking around with my earmuffs on at home, when the kids are going nuts, and even when I take them to school when their also going nuts. Hyperacusis is cruel, I hope yours and everyone's eases off asap, let us know if body work, massage, helps.

• Like Like x 2
    6. Daniel Lion
      Ape-like

Daniel Lion Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise trauma, hearing loss
      P.S. For my hyperacusis, I actually have my therapist, who listens to me, gently and firmly pull and stretch my ears, and massage all around the ear area, temples, down the neck. Eyes, eyebrows, every trigger point you could think of and definitely more than the video posted. Hard to do alone, find someone who cares to help, if you have cash... spend it... head and neck work gets rid of so much tension, even the top of my skull. Hyperacusis, and tinnitus, especially hyperacusis, is physically painful and exhausting. I find the massages to be really helpful...

• Like Like x 2