Constant Changes in Elevation Causing Tinnitus Spikes?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Ecip, Oct 26, 2018.

1. Ecip

Ecip Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Still unknown... possibly noise exposure?
      I've got a job where I drive up the mountain and down it several times per day. We're talking from around 500m to, at the most, 1500m. Although I can equalize pressure without much issue (usually by yawning), I have recently spiked again... was horrible, couldn't sleep one night with piercing tinnitus vibrating my skull and consequently had to take time off.

Question is... could the change in elevation several times per day cause a spike? I've never read or heard about something like this.

2. Michael B
      No Mood

Michael B Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      '11
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise Induced
      Can't answer your question but I vacation in the mountains a few times per year and never experience a change in tinnitus as a result.

3. katri
      Chatty

katri Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise
      I live by the mountains in Las Vegas and I travel across the city on a daily basis. I get spikes but they go away once your ears adjust to the pressure. Sometimes my ear feels clogged for like an hour but it always goes down so I wouldn’t worry. I’ve lived out here with T for about 3 years. I’ve gone on planes, hiked to the top of mountains and gone through various trails. What you are experiencing should be temporary.

If you’re super worried, just continue to try and pop your ears.