Constant Ringing in the back of my head

Discussion in 'Support' started by Myg, Apr 11, 2014.

1. Myg

Myg Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2014
      Hi All,

I have reason to believe I started to have Tinnitus last 4 days ago. I just noticed it and it never went away.

I was using a headset listening to an online photography session that day when this started.

I haven't heard a conclusion yet from the doctors I visited, 1 ENT Doctor gave me a medicine which is something like a steroid (I did not go for this and check for a second opinion)

The other concluded its a problem in my nose which he gave me "muconase" to threat it.

The general doctor earlier advised me to get an Xray Cervical and Thoracic, I'll get he resultsd tomorrow.

Did anyone got cured on this? any advise, I like to know how I get this and how to cure it

Many Thanks
      Myg

2. Grace
      No Mood

Grace Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/14/2013
      Its uncurable. Hopefully yours goes away soon for you!!!

3. Karen
      Talkative

Karen Manager Staff Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      First time: Noise 2nd Time: Ototoxic drug
      Myg,

Many of us have started out with tinnitus that is unbearable, and have gone to more than one doctor seeking a cure. I had an ENT who prescribed the same things for me -- Nasacourt nasal spray and a steroid. I used them, but they didn't work for me. I've also had an MRI and a CT scan, and nothing unusual was found.

It is true that there is no real cure for tinnitus right now, but most of us find ways to cope with it. It's possible that, since yours is so new, it will go away or settle down on its own. If it doesn't, the people on this forum have lots of suggestions for ways you can cope with your tinnitus.

You might try:
      Sound machines or some form of background sound (especially for when you are trying to get to sleep)
      Anti-anxiety drugs
      Supplements, such as magnesium, melatonin, and gingko biloba; also, some people find that B vitamins helps.
      Hearing aids/masking devices for tinnitus (go to an audiologist for help with these)
      Distraction --- Find things that you enjoy doing that will distract you from thinking about your tinnitus

Eventually, most people who have tinnitus find that it calms down a lot, and they get used to it. It is called "habituation". You still hear the tinnitus, but you don't react to it any more.

There are clinical trials going on right now for several tinnitus drugs that may one day result in a cure. In the meantime, you've come to the right place for information and support about tinnitus. We're glad you've joined us!

Best wishes,
      Karen

• Hug Hug x 1