Coronavirus (SARS-CoV-2 / COVID-19) and Tinnitus

Discussion in 'Support' started by ajc, Feb 28, 2020.

1. Ed209

Ed209 Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2015
      I agree that everyone should be open-minded. I, for example, have no agenda when it comes to debating this stuff, and I doubt anyone else does who posts here. I don't work for the government or an agency of any kind; my priority is to look after my family. The issue I took with @PeteJ is that he would repeatedly throw out false information, and he also thought it was funny when I informed the forum that 10 people - who were known to my family and I - had died from COVID-19. I was told to stop lying (I think that's what he said).

One should always follow the data and observe what's happening around them in the real world. But remember, people will live through different realities depending on the country they live in and how badly affected their area is. The MSM are irrelevant, even though they are constantly referenced. They may stir the pot for publicity reasons, but they cannot alter the facts of the situation. The US alone are at circa 700,000 deaths in about 18 months, and this is with lockdowns and now vaccinations.

I had a great insight into the reality of this situation via some of my friends and family. You did not want to be one of the unlucky ones who ended up on a ventilator, believe me. I've heard some horrifying stuff. As you all know, I also ended up in hospital with COVID-19 and it's not something I'd like to repeat in a hurry. Having type 1 respiratory failure and gasping for air is not my idea of fun.

You seem an intelligent person, @Damocles, and I have no issues debating stuff with you, but why on Earth did you share this image here!!

DBFF6931-7491-4167-BDB4-D2D426A49B2C.png

This is unbelievably inaccurate. It's so wrong that I haven't got the energy to even go into it, but it's a classic case of people believing what they see on social media. This kind of misinformation is becoming a real problem in society.

After saying that, people on here have every right to believe whatever they want. However, the facts regarding COVID-19 are pretty much unequivocal at this point. I am always flexible in my thoughts about a situation, but I have not seen anything that's been presented here, or elsewhere, that has led to me changing my thoughts or opinions. Fake news spreads faster than real news, unfortunately, and this is a byproduct of social media.

The saline vaccines/placebo argument I've seen has no merit at all. I could equally argue something like this about anything. For example, I could say the US is currently hiding aliens in Area 51. Or, there's actually a small amount of poison in every bottle of water that some companies sell so that over time the medical problems it causes profits big pharma. Making up nonsense arguments is easy. Without some kind of evidence, arguments like these are completely pointless and very easy to fabricate or imagine.

• Agree Agree x 2
    2. Tinker Bell

Tinker Bell Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      SSHL from virus
      The source on that image indicates it is from March 9, 2020.

So not only do not believe everything you see online but be conscious of when data and graphics are created.

• Agree Agree x 2
      • Winner Winner x 1
    3. Ed209

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2015
      Exactly. They are using an arbitrary number that just so happens to be before the exponential growth curve of deaths.

Here is a fact-checked comparison to that image that dates back to July last year:

664C6B4F-5C4C-435D-A9A5-30C885BAB093.jpeg

One can verify this information for themselves. It just takes some time to do.

Unfortunately, false information in picture form can influence hoards of people. It doesn't really matter what is written on these things; people will believe it because it takes no effort and it confirms their biases.

• Like Like x 1
    4. Juan

Juan Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Several causes
      Soon those greedy pharma companies will want to vaccinate newborns :wacky:

• Agree Agree x 1
    5. Tinker Bell

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      SSHL from virus
      Crazy. Or not given that newborns receive the Hep B vaccine within days of birth and six vaccines around two months old.

Viruses tend to be worse for the very old and the very young. I unfortunately know of a parent whose two week old newborn is in ICU due to COVID-19.

ETA: Newborns can also be vaccinated for RSV. It is a seasonal virus and the vaccine does not provide long-term immunity. Newborns are most at risk for complications from RSV versus other age groups.

• Agree Agree x 1
    6. Juan

Juan Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Several causes
      The media is reporting that the COVID-19 vaccines alter many women's periods and no one seems to care...

Why should we care about newborns? :eek:

Let's triple the wealth of those pharma billionaires.

• Like Like x 2
    7. Ed209

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2015
      It's a double-edged sword. I'm generally not a fan of how the big pharmas operate either; they have done plenty of super shady shit over the years and are corrupt. But what if a highly effective drug treatment came out for tinnitus? Would you take it, or would you stick by your morals of not increasing the wealth of said companies? What if you were HIV positive? Would you decline the drugs then? It's a serious question.

I'd add here that at least AstraZeneca and Johnson & Johnson pledged to supply the vaccines on a not-for-profit basis until the pandemic is over. It's mainly Pfizer and Moderna that are raking in big money.

8. Tinker Bell

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      SSHL from virus
      No one ever seems to care about women’s health issues. In contrast with men, women are less likely to prescribed pain medications even for the same procedures, less likely to be taken seriously in hospital emergency rooms, and less likely to be accurately diagnosed.

I think most people who have sought medical advice for tinnitus can relate to those experiences, but women are likely to experience that in all of their health inquiries. I have experienced this countless times, so the world ignoring women raising complaints about their menstrual cycles does not surprise me.

As for newborns, I am unsure on covid vaccination. Especially as someone who did not pursue RSV vaccination. I just wanted to point out that newborn vaccinations is not a new concept and most parents are familiar with the ongoing and seemingly never ending vaccination schedule for children.

9. Juan

Juan Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Several causes
      Let's hope that treatment is found, instead of supplying ineffective vaccines to everyone...
      I heard AstraZeneca also charges, also sells its vaccines for a profit.

To me the biggest issue is that they are supplying vaccines that are producing a lot of side effects and neither pharma companies nor government are taking any responsibility for it. Furthermore, those vaccines provide limited immunity for a limited time... so now those pharma companies want to sell the same shitty vaccines again, or every year, if governments are willing to pay with our money, and charging the bill to public debt, for it

• Like Like x 1
    10. Juan

Juan Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Several causes
      To me it's really sad that nobody cares and that those issues caused by COVID-19 vaccines have been dismissed without any further research.

• Like Like x 1
    11. Tinker Bell

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      SSHL from virus
      There was preliminary research by a group of female doctors in the U.S. In part due to their efforts, the NIH announced in August that five institutions will be conducting research.

I guess research happens, it’s just slow to happen.

• Agree Agree x 1
    12. Damocles
      No Mood

Damocles Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Otitis media
      DBFF6931-7491-4167-BDB4-D2D426A49B2C.png

Because it was sent to me last year before the UK quarantine went into effect, and proves that that decision (along with others) by the UK government (and other country's, excluding Sweden's) was irrational.
      It's not inaccurate. Those were the daily averages as of the date cited on the poster.

Even one of the sources of your "fact check" graph, admits the figures were accurate:

Don’t trust this comparison of daily coronavirus deaths with other diseases
      But that last part is wrong.

And even the Reuters "fact check" didn't bother to trying to swing that angle, and stuck firmly to the date the poster chose to highlight being the solely "misleading" element of the chart.

Fact check: Disease death rates bar chart does not accurately reflect impact of COVID-19
      Here is the source for the table that is bothering you and @Tinker Bell so much:

Screenshot 2021-09-21 at 21.20.26.png

It was put together by Information Is Beautiful, which is a website concerned purely with statistical data; it has absolutely no political biases, no reason to fudge the numbers, and sources all it's data from official bodies.

I even did the calculations myself to save you time: 3814 deaths (total recorded between January 1st and March the 8th) divided by that time (68 days) = 56.08823529411764705 (recurring).

The funniest part was that neither Reuters, nor Politifact, could identify the origins of the graph, when it took me all of ten minutes... (that's some expert fact checking).
      Yes, this is the same point Reuters and Politifact have made, but there's a big problem with their rebuttal which I'll come to in a minute.
      You're saying this like either me or the poster have tried to obfuscate the fact. It's there, it's blatant, therefore no one is asking you to believe in a false statement. If I or the poster wanted you to believe these figures were representative of this year's data, then it would be a simple matter of photoshopping out the disclaimer.

The point you're both missing is that the numbers from that exact time period are very relevant.

So let's return to the: "this is misleading because it's from just before the explosion in deaths" point you made.

Here's a question for you both: when is a novel virus most lethal/infectious to a population?

I pray you both got the answer before reaching the end of this sentence.

Answer: when it is first introduced to a population.

The death rate for any new virus should be at it's worst at the beginning of it's circulation, before immune systems become familiar with it.

Also, everything we know about the typical behaviour of coronaviruses is that their mortality rate is highest in the winter months and lowest in the summer months, hence the middle of March is a very good indicator of when a virus should be at it's worst.

"But the virus hadn't properly taken hold at that point!! It had only been circulating 68 days!!"

Maybe, but not really:

Fact check: Disease death rates bar chart does not accurately reflect impact of COVID-19
      Here's How Likely It Is You Had Covid Back In December 2019

Coronavirus: France's first known case 'was in December'

I can testify to this as I also had what I believe was COVID-19 back in December.

Likelihood is this virus was with us a lot longer than we think, and if October 2019 is correct, then that gave it 4 months to do it's worst to a global population that had not yet developed any resistance to it.

"But the official data shows the virus got much worse after March 9th!!"

Agreed, but the official data was never very accurate or trustworthy to begin with:

COVID is not a hoax, but the numbers are: A look at the first flu season with COVID
      Covid Misclassification: What Do the Data Suggest?
      In fact Worldometers, which the majority of our stats are coming from, has already been caught out fiddling with the real numbers:

Is the Worldometers incompetent or... is there something else?
      In fact, the whole site which everyone is quoting figures from is questionable:

The Covid-19 pandemic has catapulted one mysterious data website to prominence, sowing confusion in international rankings
      And one more time, I'll return to the most important point: coronaviruses are worst in the winter.

Is COVID-19 worse in winter?
      Any graph showing more deaths over summer than winter is just an outright fabrication. You can manipulate numbers and statistics in a report, but you cannot manipulate the science behind the behaviour of a virus in the wild.

Conclusion

The graph is accurate and a very good indicator of COVID-19 when it should have been at it's worst, according to everything we have learnt in the field of virology.

13. Damocles
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Otitis media
      You're comparing a vaccine that has been in use for over thirty years, with a vaccine that was only developed one year ago, utilises a technology that has never been approved for public use before, and is currently being distributed under Emergency Use Authorisation?

When we were talking about use in the elderly, that was one thing. When we were talking about use in under 50's, that was something else. When we've started talking about use in teenagers, children and f*cking babies, that is diabolical.

The risk profile for an elderly person when discussing an emergency use drug that has no long term health data? Well, the benefits might outweigh the risks (because an elderly person may only have 10-15 years left of life anyway).

A goddamn child has years of life ahead of them, and practically no chance of dying from COVID-19. Any argument for children and babies to have these vaccines is deranged.
      There is currently no RSV vaccine licensed or approved for use in either adults or babies...

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1
    14. Damocles
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Otitis media
      My priority is to look after your family too @Ed209 (and everyone else's here), which is why I've taken time out of my life and done my best to prevent people from being scared into (possible) involuntary suicide.
      I'm sorry to hear this, but take a moment to look at it from @PeteJ's perspective. He's cornered and has gone into fight no option of flight mode, because: the more people succumb to fear of COVID-19 and the belief that "vaccines" are the magical solution to it, the greater the reality of apathy towards the idea of forced vaccination becomes (such are the mechanics of the overton window).
      The MSM is incredibly relevant as 80-90% of it (dependent on country) is often owned by just several companies. Those several companies will often have parent companies that have large investments in everything from banking, manufacturing, technology and here's the kicker... pharmaceuticals. If you own a 20% share in Pfizer for example, and are wearing a good 40% of a countries media on your hand like a sock puppet, I wonder if you might feel some temptation to use it to... your advantage, and y'know... influence people?
      We live in the same country, but we had a very different experience of 2020, certainly.

I developed COVID-19 (I believe) once in December and it lasted almost 2 months. I then became ill again in April, but that time it came and went in one week, most likely because of my natural immunity (which everyone is so keen to play down).

Last thing I'm going to say on this though, is: Empty Nightingale mega-hospitals (despite a record breaking year for recruitment of healthcare staff in the UK) and Doctors and Nurses finding time to put together dance routines...

I'm not calling you a liar @Ed209. I know your story and that you were in hospital, but at least do me a favour and think about those things (above) for me.
      They're not. Only a handful of people really know the truth about what's happening at the moment, and neither me, nor you, is one of them.
      Well then you may not be as open minded as you thought you were:

before_LI.jpg

after_LI.jpg
      It has nothing to do with social media and everything to do with the fact that "Fake News" is subjective.
      None of these analogies draw any parallel with the placebo theory.

Area 51 hiding aliens: sure, a possibility. Hiding aliens doesn't provide Area 51 with a large pool of data concerning how products it's developing affect the human population though.

Poison in water bottles: Draws a comparison with a completely different theory. I think you're thinking of Pfizer etc. being linked to Agenda 21/30 here. It's plausible. So why not just put poison in water to achieve that end? Because that would be easily exposed:

a) Vaccine companies are not legally obliged to publish their full list of ingredients.

b) Anyone can test the contents of a water bottle with cheap equipment. Testing the contents of a vaccine is a lot harder without expensive scientific equipment that can only be found inside a lab.
      You're the one referring to them as "arguments". I don't know who you think is putting them forward as "arguments"? They're theories. What is not a theory though, is that the vaccines are experimental, they don't protect from COVID-19, they don't prevent transmission, they have no long term health data, and they have killed and permanently disabled hundreds of thousands of people.

Anyway, if you like it on the hamster wheel that's your business. Just know the pandemics, the variants and the "booster shots" are never going to end, until more people start asking questions.

wheel.jpg

16.jpg

• Hug Hug x 1
    15. Ed209

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2015
      I haven't got much time tonight to read through all your points because there's a wall of information that's suddenly landed.
      I meant that it's extremely misleading to stack data in that way, and hence, inaccurate. The figures from a month later proved this point. It's cherry picking.
      It's most lethal when it becomes a pandemic. When it's first introduced there are opportunities to contain it. Most of the governments around the world were extremely slow to act and didn't deal with it very effectively.
      This is a belief and an anecdote.
      I wasn't afraid of COVID-19. I expected it and knew we’d almost certainly get it. If something is inevitable I don’t worry too much about it as it's out if my control. There's no way I would have committed suicide over it.
      That's not how I viewed the situation. I judged it from the data and by what was happening in real life. As I said, 10 people I knew died, and I was told by PeteJ that I was lying and was wrong. Then he laughed. How is that defensible? I was essentially told to ignore the reality that was staring me in the face, and to believe some random YouTube videos instead.

I also said the vaccines should be treated with caution prior to their release; I think we all did. I'm also totally against forced vaccinations. That's not what I stand for and I've already made a post about this.
      I've already been all over this. I haven't got time to go through it all again. I have friends that are consultants, GPs, and dentists who were on the front line during the worst periods. One of which is a clinical lead consultant who runs the ward. Through them I received a lot of first-hand information about what was happening, and it was terrible. There's no other way of putting it. I didn't get hardly anything from the press; I didn't need to. My mom nearly died from it as well. Whilst she was in there she made friends with a lady and then had to witness her dying.
      I strongly disagree. Social media really made this situation a whole lot worse than it needed to be. It gave idiots a voice for other idiots to follow. Some of the shit I saw was outrageous and incredibly annoying.
      Either I haven't read Pete's posts properly or you've missed my point.
      They're not theories. Theories are scientific ideas that are evidence-based and agreed upon amongst the scientific community. What you are referring to are hypotheses. However, a lot of what I've seen is either misguided or falsifiable.

16. Damocles
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Otitis media
      If you want to reply to my posts, then by all means do. But I'm out of time altogether, so will no longer be able to respond. My summer holidays are over, and from tomorrow I have a full time real life to return to. Frivolous internet debates are over for me for a while.
      Well I was referring to accepting an unsafe vaccine as "involuntary suicide", but that's good to know.
      Pleased to hear it. Obviously I never saw this post.
      Okay @Ed209, I'm going to take you at your word on this (as I can't imagine why you'd lie about it). Off the back of this information I'm going to start asking around and doing further investigation into the severity of the pandemic (which I was given reason to believe, was greatly exaggerated). I'll admit that for me, based off what I've experienced, and through my immediate contacts, what was in the news certainly looked like sensationalism, but you're adamant things were as bad as the mainstream media were reporting, thus I'm inclined to believe you.

That said, nothing (yet) is convincing me to change my stance on the vaccines and how much they are not the answer to the COVID-19 problem.

All the best to you and your family. Hope you all remain safe.

• Like Like x 2
    17. Tinker Bell

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      SSHL from virus
      My error, it is not a vaccine but a man made antibody to RSV injected once per month during RSV season, which is normally fall through spring. Each injection helps protect against RSV for about 30 days. It is of course not for adults, but is available for preemies and other infants with lung issues.

18. PeteJ
      Aggressive

PeteJ Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      acoustic trauma?
      • Like Like x 1
      • Creative Creative x 1
    19. aura

aura Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Totally agree with that!

We are facing here, in Romania, a huge surge now.

A lot of things are wrong:

Only about 28% of population fully vaccinated against COVID-19. We sold some of the unused vaccines to other countries.

People faking COVID-19 vaccination documents (doctors not giving vaccines but releasing fake vaccination certificates!)

Many people not only refusing vaccines but also refusing being tested for COVID-19 even if they have respiratory symptoms. My husband is a family doctor in a village and he's facing this problem daily. People coming with fever, cough, etc demanding to be consulted and treated for what they say is "just a cold" but refusing to take the test because they don't want to stay in quarantine. Or people tested positive, severely ill and refusing to go to hospitals because they heard that doctors only want to kill them (?!)

Also, they are not testing kids/teachers in schools and many of them are ignoring the rules for COVID-19 prevention even though infection rates have skyrocketed.

The underfunded health system is overwhelmed and this is only the beginning.

It's just "every man for himself" here.

A lot of people will pay the price for ignorance and political corruption...

FB_IMG_1632860040136.jpg

FB_IMG_1632860034419.jpg

• Like Like x 1
    20. Ed209

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2015
      I wasn't aware of the situation in Romania, but that sounds pretty bad. I'm not sure what compels people to behave that way, but a lot of it has to be due to ignorance. It's an unfortunate state of affairs.

One of my cousin's got COVID-19 about a month ago, and she also struggled to breathe and began to panic. I told her to go to hospital but she's terrified of them. Instead, she kept ringing me and asking what my symptoms were like, etc. It makes me believe there is likely a genetic susceptibility in our family. When it fully hits you and you can't breathe, a different reality washes over you. She was a sceptic, like the people you mentioned, and so was one of my best friends. That all changed when two of my friend's workmates ended up in comas, and his boss died. There's nothing like bumping into reality like that to change one's beliefs, and fairly quickly.

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Informative Informative x 1
    21. aura

aura Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Fire at COVID-19 hospital in Romania kills nine people

And this is happening now in the city I live in, Constanţa. The third hospital fire since the pandemic began. 9 deaths till now. It's dramatic, we were already short on ICU beds. I have no words...

• Hug Hug x 4
    22. Lane

Lane Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Single 25 mg dose of (anticholinergic) drug Promethazine
      I think anybody who watches the below-linked 6-minute video will at the very least, begin to question whether vaccines are the only (or best) way to combat COVID-19. I've received emails from the speaker in the video since the beginning of the pandemic, outlining various ways COVID-19 can be addressed. What he mentions in the video is only a fraction of the totality of the many simple things that can be done to almost guarantee a COVID-19 infection from becoming a serious one that would require hospitalization.

I think the speaker's scientific credentials are solid, and gives him the right to be heard. But like so many others who advocate for similar approaches, not only will he not be given a platform on the major news medias, but will most likely be demonized as some kind of rabid anti-vaxxer. I wish more people would see through the extremely flawed paradigm of vaccines (and masks) only. I think it's killing us on a global scale; physically, culturally, and spiritually.

There's More Than One Way to Skin a Cat

• Winner Winner x 1
    23. PeteJ
      Aggressive

PeteJ Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      acoustic trauma?
      • Like Like x 1
    24. Lane

Lane Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Single 25 mg dose of (anticholinergic) drug Promethazine
      Finally, a major news outlet (CBS News) does a short segment on a very practical way to potentially greatly reduce COVID-19 infections. I've wondered for months why simple methods like this aren't being used almost universally. Seems to me it could prevent most COVID-19 infections. Ironically, the CBS News anchor (Norah O'Donnell) doesn't really seem to recognize the significance of something so simple being so (apparently) highly effective.

New air purifiers filter at least 90% of COVID-carrying particles, researchers say

"It's a very fixable problem," Prather said. "Once you acknowledge it's in the air, you can remove it using really simple methods like this."

• Winner Winner x 1
    25. Ed209

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2015
      Interestingly enough, we use an air purifier that can shift large volumes of air, and has a HEPA filter and virus mode on it. I leave it running constantly because I have really bad allergies. I loaded up on vitamin C and D, and I was also taking L-Arginine (by sheer coincidence), and none of that stopped me from catching COVID-19 (which hospitalised me and gave me type 1 respiratory failure).

There are no easy or proven ways of preventing it. Just to prove I'm not making this up, I'll show the tub and the use by date (to show it's not a new bottle). You've already seen that I was taking vitamin C and D because I posted imagines at the time.

A43698BD-0BAC-4CBD-9D21-E19058D75D70.jpeg

07ED5CB7-62BC-485E-AA90-6570D32D3399.jpeg

And here's our air purifier:

BD945947-F90F-4587-B616-3C82FBBD2485.jpeg

I think people have to be careful when they give out unproven advice and are so blasé about it because they already believe it's true. If it did work, are people supposed to carry air purifiers around with them, 24/7, everywhere they go? What happens when they go to work or meet up with friends? Or touch an infected surface and then touch their eyes or mouth?

• Agree Agree x 2
      • Like Like x 1