Coronavirus (SARS-CoV-2 / COVID-19) and Tinnitus

Discussion in 'Support' started by ajc, Feb 28, 2020.

1. Kriszti

Kriszti Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      2016/2017/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Why? Usage of hydrogen peroxide seems to be on the rise for everything, I was advised to put it in my ear in order to stop tinnitus (I skipped on it), but I really don't see how this could be beneficial for the whole range of problems it's recommended for.

• Creative Creative x 1
    2. Ed209

Ed209 Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2015
      The situation in India is continuing to get worse. They have run out of oxygen, and people are dying on the streets because they cannot get access to healthcare. A resident said they are dying horrible deaths, like fish out of water, writhing.

It was reported that they thought they had reached herd immunity, but an expert said the rate of infection hasn't slowed down. People are likely being reinfected like I was.

• Agree Agree x 1
    3. Ed209

Ed209 Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2015
      We went over this during the first wave, so I don't really want to drag it all back up, but I'd say this advice is dangerous, and it's not just me saying that, but medical professionals also:

Embarrassing Bodies host Dr Christian Jessen calls US colleague a 'SHAMELESS f****** crook' for recommending a DIY ventilator to treat coronavirus

Joseph Mercola promoted this idea and he has a history of scamming people for monetary gain. Some of the stuff he has done is shameful.

Also, I don't see how it would work as a preventative measure as you'd have to keep inhaling it continuously. You risk damaging the lungs and it can't be good for the body on a systemic level. If this was advised in an official capacity, you'd likely end up with people drinking the stuff as well as bleach and other household chemicals. It would also be impractical for third world nations as they have no access to any of this stuff.

• Agree Agree x 1
    4. Emiris

Emiris Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noticed it while watching the Tonight Show with Jay Leno
      This happened to me. Mild COVID-19, but a really worsened tinnitus! I'm also struggling. I've had it since the 25th of march.

How is it going for you? Did it subside?

• Hug Hug x 1
    5. linearb
      Psychedelic

linearb Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

beliefs are makyo and reality ignores them
      Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ignoring the obvious scientific problems with this idea, and the fact there's zero evidence to support it... I work with H2O2 (peroxide) in various industrial ways related to cannabis production, and I would not call it a harmless thing or something I'd want to nebulize, ha. There's a reason that residual H2O2 is one of the pollutants that retail cannabis is tested for many places. If I'm worried about vaping it off of bud, I don't think I'd nebulize it ;)

And, of course, there's a very hard limit on the parts of your body you can expose to H2O2 whereas COVID-19 sets up shop from head to toe...

Vaccines, overall, are probably one of the most resounding successes of 20th century medicine, and have directly enabled the dense population we have in cities now. Whether or not that's a good thing is in the eye of the beholder, I think agriculture and everything since was a mistake :)

• Like Like x 1
    6. Lane

Lane Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Single 25 mg dose of (anticholinergic) drug Promethazine
    7. Kriszti

Kriszti Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      2016/2017/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I heard, but to be honest, haven't looked it up in details, that sometimes getting vaccinated may help with COVID-19/post-COVID-19 related symptoms. Do you think this is applicable to COVID-19 related tinnitus as well? I'm sceptical.

What do you think? Have you heard of personal experience or even have experience yourselves that getting vaccinated helped someone's possibly COVID-19 related tinnitus? I'm curious about other symptoms as well, but mainly tinnitus.

8. PeteJ
      Aggressive

PeteJ Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      acoustic trauma?
      Canadian doctors are being censored and punished for questioning the official COVID-19 narrative.

Canadian Doctors Are Being Censored - AIER

Doctors For Truth, located or working primarily in European countries, face similar threats. You should research these.

This Clown World is shocking.

9. linearb
      Psychedelic

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Bump, for anyone interested in trying to track some of the science around this, I thought this was an interesting read:

This unrolls into two long threads, but the upshot is that deleted-but-recovered data from Chinese sequencing shows some COVID-19 sequences floating around earlier than previously reported, and, curiously, potentially makes it look like the evolutionary path from the bat progenitor virus to the early human-transmissible SARS-COV-2 virus is even more complicated than we thought.

An analysis I saw thought that the most plausible explanation, if the data is good, is that a milder and/or harder to transmit SARS-COV-2 virus was in circulation (minimally in China, but probably other places as well) well before the Hunan meat marketplace, but that marketplace and the close proximity of animals to people etc. allowed the more virulent and lethal strain to emerge.

If that is correct, then the thing we've been thinking of as the "ancestral" human SARS-COV-2 virus is not the variant that first went into circulation and what caused lockdowns in China was a mutation of something already in human circulation.

That's just one explationation; I think as genetic data is mapped over the months and years to come we'll get a much better picture of how this mutates and spreads.

8f32b0e9-5eb2-4b26-8c06-5d4561f0295d.jpg

• Like Like x 1
    10. PeteJ
      Aggressive

PeteJ Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      acoustic trauma?
    11. PeteJ
      Aggressive

PeteJ Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      acoustic trauma?
      When even doctors are censored, you know Covid-19 is bullshit.

I could offer much more evidence but it gets censored here.

• Agree Agree x 2
      • Funny Funny x 1
    12. Óscar PP
      Psychedelic

Óscar PP Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Nov 2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Coronavirus
      Your tinnitus must have really messed with your brain if you really think Wuhan's Coronavirus is not real. I can tell you it's real since it's basically what gave me tinnitus.

• Like Like x 2
      • Agree Agree x 1
    13. Wrfortiscue
      Cowabunga

Wrfortiscue Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Trauma
      The vaccine ruined me lol. Although I was headed down this path based on what I was seeing in my logs. Vertigo, ear pain, anxiety etc.

14. Tinker Bell

Tinker Bell Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      SSHL from virus
      I thought on a previous thread that you were having increasing issues before the vaccine. Are you certain it was vaccination versus a coincidence? Especially if you were dealing with anxiety, that is a well established cause of spikes. Or didn’t you have an ear issue before vaccination, one that you used ear drops with? That seems to suggest the problem may have started then.

• Like Like x 1
    15. Wrfortiscue
      Cowabunga

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Trauma
      The vaccine was the straw that broke the camel's back. No new meds or trauma a month prior, then I got the vaccine and boom, woke up screaming in the other ear. Now I have multiple semi intrusive tones.

• Hug Hug x 3
    16. Juan

Juan Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Several causes
      Which COVID-19 vaccine did you have?

17. Juan

Juan Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Several causes
      My workmates said their doctor's advice was against getting vaccinated if they had suffered previously from COVID-19.

Maybe there are a lot of inconsistencies... who knows.... but I guess if someone was already infected by COVID-19 and overcame the virus, and they are now ok, they would have antibodies (is that the English word for that?) and would not need to get vaccinated.

18. Tinker Bell

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      SSHL from virus
      Whether enough natural immunity is achieved from the virus is currently a point of confusion. There is some data that suggests it does, but also concerns that it would depend on which variant an individual caught and how long natural immunity lasts.

For example, if a person had COVID-19 in February 2020, has their immunity worn off? Or are the new heavily circulating variants so different that a person could catch the new one? Like with the flu, there are different flu A and B strains every year. You could catch both flu A and flu B because one does not always provide enough immunity from the other.

There was some speculation that having COVID-19 and one dose of vaccination would be enough protection. But no research is yet available.

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Funny Funny x 1
    19. Wrfortiscue
      Cowabunga

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Trauma
      J&J. Looking back though I think I had ear damage right before getting it.

• Informative Informative x 1
    20. Juan

Juan Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Several causes
      Here in Spain we do not have data about for how long the vaccines are supposed to protect from COVID-19.

Have you seen data about that, about for how long protection from a vaccine would last?

• Funny Funny x 1
    21. Tinker Bell

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      SSHL from virus
      No one knows because the vaccines are new. At this point, the longest anyone has been vaccinated is just over a year for those in early trials and I have yet to hear reports of waning immunity in those individuals. Maybe that is why the current speculation is that vaccine immunity for mRNA vaccines Moderna and Pfizer is at least a year, though some findings in terms of immunity cells suggest it could be a lifetime.

However, it may not be lifetime protection against all variants. Right now, there is speculation that any potential need for boosters may be driven by the need to protect against different variants rather than reduced immunity levels.

What happens next with the Delta variant in Israel, the UK and the US will probably give some indication of whether boosters for another variant are needed.

• Creative Creative x 1
    22. PeteJ
      Aggressive

PeteJ Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      acoustic trauma?
      Revenge of the Variants! Coming soon to a theater near you.

• Funny Funny x 1
      • Winner Winner x 1
    23. Tinker Bell

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      SSHL from virus
      Or pretty much anywhere with large pockets of unvaccinated. ;)

Yeah, I cannot remember how many variants already exist. Think we’re up to L in the naming. Variants typically become weaker with each mutation, so hopefully that happens!

• Funny Funny x 1
      • Creative Creative x 1
    24. Darktale

Darktale Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Accoustic Trauma
      It has probably already been posted but below the link to a Study issued last March in the « International Journal of Audiology » regarding tinnitus (and other hearing troubles) from COVID-19:

One year on: an updated systematic review of SARS-CoV-2, COVID-19 and audio-vestibular symptoms

It says approx. 15% of COVID-19 people get tinnitus or have a tinnitus worsening.

NHS England has since then added tinnitus to the official lists of Long COVID-19 symptoms alongside tiredness for example.

• Creative Creative x 1
    25. PeteJ
      Aggressive

PeteJ Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      acoustic trauma?
      In the UK, protesters were attacked by police. The new Clown World.

Getting attacked on "Freedom Today." (Westminster, UK).

• Like Like x 1
    26. PeteJ
      Aggressive

PeteJ Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      acoustic trauma?
      • Agree Agree x 1
    27. linearb
      Psychedelic

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      So, the actual quote is "increased risk", and that is relative to people who have been vaccinated more recently than you. This is nothing novel and boosters have been on the table since day 1.

The prescient and very important thing, which you're either missing or being misleading about, is that if you look at the very data this is drawn from, people who are vaccinated early are still at a much lower risk than people who are unvaccinated.

Israel has almost no unvaccinated adults, so to really make that comparison shine you have to mesh this data with data from places with less complete vaccination, but the numbers are out there and are equivocal.

• Like Like x 1
    28. PeteJ
      Aggressive

PeteJ Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      acoustic trauma?
    29. Wrfortiscue
      Cowabunga

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Trauma
    30. Damocles
      No Mood

Damocles Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Otitis media
      Hi @Kriszti,

In response to your post in the Suicidal thread.
      I apologise if this is a long read. Maybe treat it like a short piece of non-fiction, and don't read it all at once (?)
      Yes, and no.

First, look at the start date: July 27 2020. Now, the first Moderna vaccine was issued in the UK on April 4 2021 more than one year before this trial was supposed to end. So really, your question shouldn't be: was I referring to that trial? but: was I referring to that now defunct trial?

It would be incredibly naive to think Moderna or Pfizer etc. care any longer about these clinical trials (a clinical trial's main purpose after all, is simply to gain official approval for your product and then get it to market). As of right now, Moderna and Pfizer (exclusively) are making a fortune under the EUA licenses they've been granted globally (with full immunity from legal liability if they cause severe injury or death), and there is no way, after so many millions of people have been given these vaccines, that government officials are going to turn around and suddenly declare them unsafe (unless they fancy being hung in public). So they will all receive full approval (eventually), hence, these trials' only significance now, is proving that the vaccines were brought to market far too quickly and that they are all still, very much, experimental.

Not to mention, that even if they did care about the results of the trial (which they don't) they now have a far bigger range of subjects from which to draw data.

So, let's say you've invented a product @Kriszti (for arguments sake, it's a new type of sausage) and you want people to try your sausage, so you'll know if it's going to be popular and sell well or not. You get approached by two different PR companies: Company A say they can get a sample of your product distributed to 300 people. Company B say they can get a sample of your product distributed to 3,000,000 people. Which company do you choose?

At this point the only trial any of these mega-corps care about (if they care at all), is the one going on in the real world.

Now this might make it sound like I'm contradicting myself, because I was the one defending this placebo theory in the first place, but to tell you the truth, I'm not very invested in it. I weighed in because I get sick of seeing people making @PeteJ out to be a "crazy conspiracy theorist", and also because I dislike contempt prior to investigation (not that I've never been guilty of it myself, but I try not to be.). But no, I think the placebo theory is the least likely to be true, because as you may have noticed, Pfizer, and the governments, and the media outlets they have paid off, want everyone to have these shots; which suggests to me it is not in their interests to have a control group in existence at all, as a control group may undermine their vaccines, by providing evidence that natural immunity is as good as, if not better than, vaccination.
      It depends how controlled the trial is. Some companies will put their trial participants up in hotels while they're acting as human guinea pigs. With a clinical trial that lasts two years however, that's unlikely to be the case, thus the difference between a trial group and the general public in this scenario is negligible.
      Yeah, but that's the thing, I'm quite certain none of these vaccine companies really care about recording these mild symptoms their vaccines are causing, because, just look at the severe symptoms (that aren't death) that are slipping through the net unreported. The amount of deaths attributed to these vaccines is high, but the amount of chronic illnesses they've caused in perfectly healthy people is higher, and no one cares. The mainstream media don't want to hear it, the companies who manufactured the vaccines don't want to hear it, the hospitals, doctors and nurses who gave them the vaccines, don't want to hear it.

https://peckford42.wordpress.com/20...w-the-medical-establishment-is-ignoring-them/

"But what about VAERS?"

Fewer than 1% of adverse reactions are reported to VAERS:

VAERS, Adverse Reactions from Vaccines, Fewer...

6000 VAERS reports mysteriously vanish:

https://www.thewellnessway.com/cdc-deletes-6000-deaths-from-vaers/

What you have to come to terms with, is these companies don't care, they just want to sell as much product as possible, with as little negative press as possible.
      I can assure you, he wasn't.
      Let me save you the trouble (as, unlike a lot of people on this website @Kriszti, you seem open minded).

Bill Gates, a key player in the vaccines and a despicable human being:

(Bill Gates Documentary - Bing video)

Pfizer's illegal practices and it's frequent shell company fraud:

Drug Company Pfizer Illegal Activity

https://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/just...gest-health-care-fraud-settlement-its-history

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-14493277

https://thehill.com/policy/healthca...ttlement-in-class-action-lawsuit-over-epipens
      No, you're wrong. It's tiresome to have to explain the same thing over and over again to different people (consequence of there not being a single thread for this debate). But the risk of death due to COVID-19 does not justify dangerous experimental vaccines. Because two BIG reasons:

1) The risk of death to every age group under 85, is below 1%

survival rate.jpg

deaths per.png

2) At the start of the pandemic we were told COVID-19 was one of the most infectious viruses humankind had ever faced. Assuming that was true: You, me, and everyone else on this planet -who doesn't live in an Igloo in Antarctica or the Amazon Rainforest- has already had COVID-19.

You will have had it in the first year (probably more than once), whether you were aware of it or not (before you were vaccinated). Did anything bad happen to you in 2020? Did you die? Did your tinnitus explode to unimaginable levels? I'll leave you to answer that.

And over time, COVID-19 would have mutated to become just another cold virus, circulating year round; because that's in a virus's best interest, to harmonise with it's host, not kill it. Worst part: The vaccines may actually disrupt that process now, and make the virus more deadly.

mRNA vaccine inventor: COVID-19 vaccines may make virus more dangerous - LifeSite (lifesitenews.com)

'Leaky' vaccines can make viruses more deadly - Futurity

Vaccines Are Pushing Pathogens to Evolve | Quanta Magazine
      The risk of tinnitus from COVID-19 has been greatly exaggerated on this site. There were three studies conducted looking at development of tinnitus in people infected with COVID-19. One found the incidence rate was 4.5%, a second found the incidence rate was 6.6% and a third (the earliest study) 10-15%; guess which one the members of Tinnitus Talk chose to quote in all their "risk assessments"... (because 6.6% just isn't that exciting, is it).

(Anyone who wants to challenge me on those percentages please do, happy to share links to those studies anytime).

So no, we're not going to see a sudden large influx of tinnitus sufferers joining us.

And even if that higher figure had been accurate, that ship has sailed (because if we were going to see a massive spike in our numbers, it would have already happened, between 2020 and 2021, but it didn't).

However @PeteJ is right, what COVID-19 hysteria is going to do, is further drain funding for our condition; as scared people keep electing to take unsafe drugs to "stay safe", get sick with autoimmune, vascular and neurodegenerative illnesses, and push our condition further into obscurity.
      You're being too optimistic. People are already developing health problems months after getting their vaccine and making no connection. I already know several people that have developed health problems, and have thought of everything that might have caused their problem, except the vaccine. Because that's how people work @Kriszti, if there is no immediate consequence to the action, people believe what they did was safe/okay.

People will (likely) be dying and getting ill over the next ten years, and never concluding their vaccination was the cause; because "long-term risk" is too difficult a concept for the average human to get their head round, apparently. (Something I've learnt this year).

So no, I'm afraid we may never "know the truth". What we can live to see though, is countries like mine (and others in western Europe, and the US) losing all our freedoms (thanks to cowards; some of whom I have met on this forum) as it becomes okay to:

a) Force people to undergo medical procedures they don't want, in order to work, eat, shop, learn and socialise. (about to happen in the US).

b) Give children and babies vaccines, even if their parents don't consent. (being considered in the UK).

c) Encourage children to report their parents to the police for having politically incorrect views or using "hate speech". (already happening in Scotland).

So yes, we have a lot to live for, to see how far down this nightmare rabbit-hole humanity goes.