Could It Be Meniere's?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Mario martz, Aug 19, 2016.

1. Mario martz
      Creative

Mario martz Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2016
      Hey guys!

I have had tinnitus in my left ear since 6 months ago.
      I'm a big music fan, i have seen a bunch of concerts front row these past years, and I used to play my iPod loud too. One day before developing tinnitus I was listening to music very loud for an hours, so I think the cause of my condition is pretty obvious.

But... today I woke up feeling a little dizzy and out of balance.

I still have this sensation of being out of balance, and I have had at least 2 or 3 similar "episodes".

All of them, after waking up... (I suspect it can be, because of my blood pressure/sleep apnea related)

The tinnitus I have experienced...
      Sometimes it's high pitched, other times low pitched, sometimes it seems very gone, other times it's very present.

Sugar, salt and MSG spike it, and in this past months... I have had weird episodes where my ear is completely blocked and it feels like some hearing is gone...

I have had it in both ears for a couple of seconds and then it returns to normal.

I haven't had an audiogram, since I don't feel like I have a hearing loss, plus I don't believe in audiograms...

Sometimes I have had headaches, but I think that can be because of my sleep apnea.

I know that I obviously need to contact a professional and consult.

But are these also symptoms of "regular" tinnitus or could I have Meniere's?

Still feeling a little out of balance, but still working and walking with no problems.

Thanks.

2. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Mario martz
      Creative

Mario martz Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2016
      no one? D:

3. RAY
      Lurking

RAY Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2000
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Virus in left ear
      Hi

Try googling. BPPV Benign paroxysmal Positional vertigo, I had something similar a few weeks ago all started after I turned over too quickly in bed, can be treated with meds if this is what you have then its not a problem quite common and not serious hope this helps

• Like Like x 1
    4. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Hi @Mario marts,
      It might just be your tinnitus playing up and blocked ears that can cause you feel dizzy.
      You need to see ENT and see what they say and monitored and tests.
      I have had Menieres many years and took a while to diagnose as the symptoms can be due to other reasons.
      There are medications to help you with how you are feeling so I would get in see your doctor...lots of love glynis

• Like Like x 1
    5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Mario martz
      Creative

Mario martz Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2016
      Hey Glynis thank you so much,
      Actually my tinnitus seems to be so much quiet during this "dizzy" episode.
      this day have been super quiet, i cant hear my tinnitus unless i cover my ears.
      but still felling dizzy. i think im gonna check out my cholesterol too.
      thanks for your advice

6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Mario martz
      Creative

Mario martz Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2016
      Maybe! this what my father has told me. this dizzyness only happens when i wake up or make a quick move right after sleeping!
      thank so much ray :)

7. RAY
      Lurking

RAY Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2000
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Virus in left ear
      No problem, one thing is it can be fixed with meds so that's a plus

8. squeek

squeek Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise impact/maybe seaborn
      My Tinnitus came along with the special present of mild Labyrinthitis. Life with labs is like being in an elevator that accelerates and stops quickly but in all X, Y, and Z axises. Your labs is telling the body to turn left but you want to walk forward. Your centre of gravity doesn't want to stay in the centre. It wants to go off on trips to the disco. My Labs also presents itself with faintness.

But considering that your condition is aggravated by salt, I think Menieres is more likely.

9. mjf009

mjf009 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Virus / ear infection
      Ive been diagnosed with secondary hydrops which has similar symptoms as Ménière’s. I have a low rumbling tinnitus in my ear but when it goes sometimes i get mild dizziness and sound sensitivity. I think its the excess fluid moving around the inner ear. Make sure you drink loads of water to help decrease the fluid in the inner ear.