Could Wisdom Teeth Be Causing My Tinnitus?

Discussion in 'Support' started by worriedd, Aug 17, 2016.

1. worriedd

worriedd Member

Tinnitus Since:
      20/03/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Fluid, from a cold. No noise damage or infection.
      My wisdom teeth started coming down about a month before my tinnitus started. I just went back to the dentist and they said they've begun to go through my gums. They're not impacted or anything and have enough room. My dentist did say that its likely that they are at least a factor as ive been getting toothache at the same time as earache. No TMJ though, which is good. Do you guys think it could be my tinnitus is connected to my wisdom teeth?

2. Vaba
      Shitfaced

Vaba Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Unknown
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown. Gradual, Progressive
      I just had all 4 of mine removed yesterday by a competent surgeon. The sound has changed slightly but hasn't gotten quieter. Whatever - any change is a good change at this point.

3. Kenya

Kenya Member

Tinnitus Since:
      16 years
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Idk
      Have you noticed any changes with your tinnitus since having your wisdom teeth removed?? I’ve been suffering from tinnitus for 16 years and I’m starting to think it’s my wisdom teeth...

Your help will be greatly appreciated.

• Good Question Good Question x 1
    4. Redouan

Redouan Member

Tinnitus Since:
      30-08-2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ETD/TMJ? Unknow
      Hi,

Is there a possibility that my wisdom teeth are causing tinnitus? My lower wisdom teeth were horizontal and a CT scan showed that they pressed against the nerve. That is also the reason why I have not removed them. There is a chance that I will damage my nerve having them removed.

See attachment:

scan-2.png

5. dan
      Chatty

dan Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2011
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise
      Yes.