Crackling When Swallowing After Acoustic Trauma

Discussion in 'Support' started by Arseny, Apr 16, 2019.

1. Arseny
      Wishful

Arseny Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Possibly from problems with blood flow
      Hello,

I noticed that some people complained about this phenomenon after getting acoustic trauma.

I wanted to create a separate thread to discuss this.

I have this sound and it fluctuates and I always thought it was from ETD, but recently I had a door slam right near me, it was extremely loud (but not loud enough to cause any physical damage) and spiked my tinnitus with ear fullness and hyperacusis.

I immediately started prednisone, however I noticed that this crackling sound actually got worse and started to sound more weird like the ear drum was made out of more rigid material.

Do you experience this phenomenon? Do you find a correlation with TTTS?

• Good Question Good Question x 1
    2. Blue28
      Doubtful

Blue28 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma from Microsuction
      Hi @Arseny, I have this. It drives me mad. It started 3 years ago after a very loud microsuction procedure caused an acoustic trauma. I wish I knew what was causing this. I think possibly middle ear muscles/ttts? Anyone have any ideas about this?

3. Karl28
      No Mood

Karl28 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2001 bad since 2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music via headphones
      Sounds like Eustachian Tube problems.

And if you take Prednisone with Patulous Eustachian Tube, it can make it worse (since it’s already stuck open).

• Agree Agree x 1
    4. MandyT

MandyT Member

Tinnitus Since:
      September 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud concert
      I have it too. It’s louder in the right ear. ENT can hear it as well but doesn’t seem to think it’s ETD. I’ve had it since last September. I’ve been through so many tests and they can’t figure it out. Very frustrating to deal with.