Create Your Success Story Video

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by Hazel, Jun 3, 2019.

1. Hazel
      Dreaming

Hazel Director Staff Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      one-sided hearing loss (of unknown origin)
      Dear members,

You are reading the Success Stories section of this site, probably because you are looking for hope or inspiration from others, or because you are thinking of posting your own success story.

When I joined this forum 1.5 years ago, just a week after I developed tinnitus, and in a highly anxious state, I read many of the wonderful stories posted in this section. It gave me strength and courage, and hope that things would (probably) get better. I believe this is a great service we provide here, and therefore we want to provide something even better:

Success Story Videos

If you have a story to tell, which you think may help others, please consider turning it into a video. PM us if you are interested.

We understand that telling such a personal story is always a bit of a hurdle, even in written form, let alone in front of the camera. Most of us have trepidations about this. But we are here to guide you through the process. I myself will be creating one too.

What counts as a success story? Well, we believe it’s up to one person only to define your success, and that’s yourself. We are not looking for ‘hallelujah’ stories per se, smaller success counts too; as long as it feels like success to you.

We aim for this to become a wonderful resource that can help many!

NB: Please refrain from negative comments in this thread, we will moderate tightly.

• Winner Winner x 7
      • Like Like x 6
    2. Strife_84
      Energetic

Strife_84 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Mixing music for long and too loud.
      If I manage to make a new track with this condition, then I am willing to record my face and tell about it. :p

• Like Like x 4
    3. GSC
      Wishful

GSC Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma.
      • Like Like x 3
    4. Ricardo1991
      Tired

Ricardo1991 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      The world may never know..
      I'd totally be up for sharing my story. It's not perfect but I have lived a happy life since I got tinnitus, I live with my husband and we have focused living in the now - when is the deadline?

• Winner Winner x 5
      • Like Like x 3
    5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Hazel
      Dreaming

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Awesome, Ricardo! No deadline; we'd rather get it done well than quickly :) We'll PM you soon to discuss further!

6. Markku
      Inspired

Markku Founder Staff Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Syringing
      Just an update here:

@Hazel, the absolutely AMAZING person and tinnitus advocate she is, has been able to gather up a few people locally in Amsterdam to record their success stories on video.

We'll be having a recording session in July (permitting everyone's schedules allow).

But we're still looking - worldwide - for more people wanting to share their success stories in front of a camera - please send a message if you'd like to be part of this very valuable project!

• Like Like x 4
      • Winner Winner x 1
    7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Hazel
      Dreaming

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Hey there! Just an update on this project. We had a dozen or so members come forward to record their stories, but ALL OF THEM backed out again, for various reasons: too busy, lack of confidence, tinnitus setback...

It really is like pulling teeth getting people to tell their stories on camera ;)

Funnily enough, we experienced the same thing when asking for people's negative experiences, i.e. for Tinnitus Week last year we wanted to raise awareness on how isolating tinnitus can be, and asked people to submit short video stories, but we only got one (!) in the end.

I don't want to shame anyone, we need to respect people's personal reasons and privacy in this regard. But please remember everyone how important your story could be to help others :huganimation:

• Like Like x 2
      • Agree Agree x 1
    8. Rb86

Rb86 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      5/31/19
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      Gosh... If and when... Happy to do it.

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    9. Hariz Nonis
      Loved

Hariz Nonis Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Hi, are you still in the process of making the entire video?

10. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Bill Bauer Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      How are you feeling these days, Hariz?

• Like Like x 1
      • Friendly Friendly x 1
    11. Hariz Nonis
      Loved

Hariz Nonis Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Hello Bill,

I'm feeling okay these days, thank you for asking :) Thankfully, my middle ear issues aren't as pronounced as they were in the beginning. They're not totally gone, but I'm not noticing them a lot these days. I think I may have found the underlying cause, but I've yet to prove it.

How about you?

• Like Like x 2
    12. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Hazel
      Dreaming

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      It's a continuous, ongoing project, so yes we're always looking for new stories!

So far, we've only got one sadly; the others that came forward have all pulled out again. It seems most people have a very hard time putting their face on video, perhaps understandably.

So long story short, yes we'd really like a video from you, let's discuss further over PM.

13. Claire43013
      Breezy

Claire43013 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ISSNHL
      I would LOVE to join in on this. This forum got me through some dark times in 2012. Today, although I still have tinnitus (and now I have it in both ears), I never give it a second of thought. The tinnitus journey is a big part of why I became a psychiatric nurse practitioner.

You can video me for my success story anytime and I won’t back out either. I do improvisational comedy now so I enjoy the stage.

• Like Like x 5
      • Winner Winner x 1
    14. Markku
      Inspired

Markku Founder Staff Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Syringing
      That's awesome, Claire! You wouldn't believe how difficult it is to find volunteers for this.

I'm so happy to hear of your success and that the tinnitus journey helped you find a new path in life.

I and @Hazel will be in touch soon to discuss the details and next steps! :)

• Like Like x 1
    15. Claire43013
      Breezy

Claire43013 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ISSNHL
      Sounds good, I look forward to hearing from you!

@Markku I just changed my email settings so please make sure you send it to my @buffalo.edu account as I rarely check Yahoo anymore.

• Like Like x 1
      • Winner Winner x 1