Cured of Tinnitus

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by Aeryes, Jan 17, 2015.

1. Aeryes

Aeryes Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Oct 2014
      Hey guys.

It has really been a rollercoaster 4 months for me. My tinnitus began after a NIHL at a house party which caused the shrill high pitched noise in my right ear. For the first few months I had little recovery but on the third week in it began to suddenly decrease in volume as I done my best to ignore it. Now I have reached a stage where the only time that any tinnitus comes is if I smoke cannabis which I gave up. Even in a quiet space after listening to hear it I cannot. Sometimes if I am very very tired it barely pops up but goes again after 10 minutes.

I will be staying here on the forums if that is okay. I will continue to do my best to comfort and research things that might help us all.

Thank you for your help tinnitustalk. You helped me on my road to recovery and I will never forget it.

• Like x 10
      • Optimistic x 3
      • Hug x 2
      • Winner x 2
      • Agree x 1
      • Helpful x 1
      • Friendly x 1
    2. sanjay doodani
      Amused

sanjay doodani Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Frequent viral infection ENT, loud music, BP sugar
      Dear friend
      Can you share in details what all u did to get cured

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    3. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      Congrats Aeryes. Your story reminds us of 2 things. One is that new T may fade or disappear and second is that when you try to ignore T and go back to living, the brain will register that you are not treating T as a threat. This will help to reduce your stress level and your limbic nerve will go back to the normal parasympathetic nerve, which will make us more calm in handling our challenges in life. There are many roads to Rome, and the approach of ignoring T and just moving on with life is probably the most often used approach for the millions of T sufferers out there who never need to go to T support forums. So if the method works for you, stay the course and keep improving.

• Like Like x 2
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Helpful Helpful x 1
      • Winner Winner x 1
    4. kaycee
      Doubtful

kaycee Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2014
      How did yours just go?

5. Tami
      Amused

Tami Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Has anyone had luck with LIPO-Flavonoid Plus? How long did you take them. I have four ring tones and chirps that are just driving me crazy!!! Uggg! Willing to try anything at this point!!

6. CarolinaGuy
      Wishful

CarolinaGuy Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Most likely ototoxicity
      I got T in late October and soon after started using Lipo-Flavinoid for 60 days.
      My T is getting a little better, slowly, but I am not taking the Lipo anymore for several weeks, so I don't think it really helped much.
      I think vitamins and dietary supplements might help if you have some sort of dietary or vitamin deficiency that is contributing to your T. That is not my case.

• Agree Agree x 1
    7. stacey
      Bookworm

stacey Member

Tinnitus Since:
      07/15/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      @Tami don't waste your money on lipoflavonoids , I bought them at CVS in September outta desperation, and it did nothing for my T, and when I checked the reviews it showed that many it didn't really have an effect on many ppls T. However I am still willing to try other supplements and will continue to research other vitamins, its worth a try just gotta do the research before hand. Gotta keep hope.

• Like Like x 2
    8. Tami
      Amused

Tami Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Well

THANKS for heDs up.

9. khayla

khayla Member

Tinnitus Since:
      7/2015
      hi! i'm 13 and about three months ago i noticed a ringing in my right ear when i was trying to sleep. it doesn't bother me throughout the day, because i can only really hear it when i'm in dead silence or like at night when i'm in bed. it gets really annoying and i have no idea why i have it? like it came out of nowhere and i don't listen to loud music or anything. do you think it will go away? like i'm still really young and have a lot of my life ahead of me so i'm really scared

• Hug Hug x 1
    10. Gill Hayes
      Happy

Gill Hayes Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Nov 2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Stress I think
      Hi Khayla, yes your tinnitus may well fade away. Try not to focus on it if you can - I know that's difficult but try. Do all the things you usually do but protect your ears in loud places.
      If the tinnitus lingers your brain will tune it out in time. Whatever happens you are going to be ok honey, I know tinnitus is scary when you first get it but it's not scary forever so just give it a bit of time. Xx

• Like Like x 2
    11. khayla

khayla Member

Tinnitus Since:
      7/2015
      thank you :)

• Hug Hug x 2
      • Informative Informative x 1