Cutting Back on Booze Cured My Tinnitus

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by Elena Cooke, Apr 28, 2017.

1. Elena Cooke

Elena Cooke Member

Tinnitus Since:
      3/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Extreme stress/events
      I suffered T on 3 separate occasions.

After many theories, I now believe there is a liver/T connection. Last year I found out my liver function test was off. Doc suggested cutting back my social drinking for 2 weeks and retest. Liver was back to normal.

Fast forward to March, 2017. Drank daily during a 10-day European vacation. Then almost daily shortly thereafter during my father's death & funeral. T came back the week after all this.

Let me tell you, the T I've had is a horrific vibration through the brain kind. It saps my energy and makes me nearly suicidal.

My daughter, who studies oriental medicine in CA, suggested the liver connection. Stopped the booze, the t stopped too.

In all the research I did after episodes 1 & 2 I never heard this theory. I thank God every day for silence.

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    2. Champ
      Woot

Champ Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma from headphones
      That's fantastic that you have silence. There's a lot of us that don't drink and have it bad though... like me :/ I wish it was that easy!

3. Paul10

Paul10 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Stress
      Glad to hear it solves your T! Alcohol doesn't seem to effect my T; I gave it up completely when T first started for about 2 months.

• Agree Agree x 1
    4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Elena Cooke

Elena Cooke Member

Tinnitus Since:
      3/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Extreme stress/events
      I'm so sorry.=(

5. Paul10

Paul10 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Stress
      It's cool; T is very unique to the individual, I'm sure I'll get to the bottom of mine some day =)

6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Elena Cooke

Elena Cooke Member

Tinnitus Since:
      3/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Extreme stress/events
      It is. It's interesting to see all the different stories. The first time I had T I also had a neck strain and that can also cause T!! But since my liver function labs were off I'm leaving on that theory right now!

7. Conductor
      Inspired

Conductor Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2011 and 02/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Conducting orchestras during stress?+ 1 amplified concert
      A glass of red wine daily was linked to better hearing at older age, several studies confirmed this hypothesis! Although I am sure that regular intake of alcohol cam cause tinitus so I agree

8. Tony Phylactou

Tony Phylactou Member

Tinnitus Since:
      sept 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Cement factory noise lowT,then stress high T
      Good for you I gave up drinking for 3 months no change,gave up salt coffee again no change.I reckon mine is related to stress and luck of sleep.