Daily Alternating Tinnitus

Discussion in 'Support' started by Cal18, Dec 19, 2016.

1. Cal18
      Nerdy

Cal18 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      2010 / 2016 Both SSRI Withdrawal and Mild Hearing Loss
      Okay, so since I've have this terrible spike (been over 3 weeks now) it's been one day really bad, then one day significantly more tolerable (but still there). I'm only calling it spike because I originally had very mild T before. I have no idea where this is going. Did anyone have this experience? I'm hoping it will stabilize on the lower end and not the higher. Any insight?

2. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Tinnitus can fluctuate through the day and day by day.
      Over time you will get to know what is the normal pattern for you roughly and your emotions to it will settle also...lots of love glynis

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Helpful Helpful x 1
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Cal18
      Nerdy

Cal18 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Thank Glynis. Just looking for any kind of comparisons in the case of antidepressant or benzo withdrawal if the initial onset is more intense for the first couple weeks/months and then lowers a little before becoming chronic.

4. Tinniger

Tinniger Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Uncertain, now very somatic, started with noise?
      My tinnitus follows the same pattern

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Cal18
      Nerdy

Cal18 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      This is still going on for me, same pattern. Any clues as to what might be going on?

My non-expert opinion is that it might have to do with fusiform cell exhaustion through excess acetylcholine. This causes the loud day and the overworked cells become exhausted which causes decreased activity which results in a low day the next day. There was a study performed on rats where they were given large amounts of acetylcholine causing a spike followed by lower tinnitus but I'll have to find it. The other theory I have is that it can be cortisol. I plan on taking a cortisol saliva test 3 days in a row to see if there are any differences between a loud day and low day. Attached is what mine looks like.

Attached Files:

• Informative Informative x 1
    6. Tinniger

Tinniger Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Uncertain, now very somatic, started with noise?
    7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Cal18
      Nerdy

Cal18 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      There are countless possibilities, I agree. I don't think (or at least in my case) that noise exposure has much to do with it or anything "cause and effect" related in regards to personal routine. It's too predictable for that. I thought for a while I was exposing myself to more noise on my low days resulting in the next day being loud so I tested the theory and it made no difference.

There are two ways I can control this for better or worse. 1. I can take a low day and make it loud by lying down for around 15 min even without sleeping. 2. I can prolong a low day into the next day by not lying down or sleeping (I tested this one and although exhausting, it worked).