Damn It! Metal Saucepan Lid Fell on the Floor. Now My Tinnitus Is Worse!

Discussion in 'Support' started by mick1987, Jan 13, 2014.

1. mick1987
      No Mood

mick1987 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      Hi everyone, damn, damn damn! I was drying the dishes last night and a metal saucepan lid fell on the floor making a sharp clanging noise, anyway told myself not to worry, tinnitus was the same. By the time I went to bed my tinnitus sounded a lot more intense, I have sort of a whistle type noise on top of a roaring noise I hear, when I was in bed the whistle noise almost covered the normal roaring noise,the good thing is though i can sleep well even when it is loud so I went to sleep. Woke up today and my tinnitus still seems more intense, like the noises are running quicker/faster if that makes any sense? I hope it calms down soon :(

2. Stina
      Psychedelic

Stina Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      11/13
      Could it be that you are imagining a bit? Maybe its just worry and stress. Try to relax your whle body and imagine silence.

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    3. LeQuack
      Gloomy

LeQuack Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Bad luck and bad genes
      Yesterday I accidentally had the volume on full blast (was testing something) and forgot I had headphones on. When I tried to play something I almost had a heart attack. Just goes to show that you can't control everything 100% of the time and loud event will happen. I tried my best not to obsess about it, but it sure makes your day worse.

• Agree Agree x 2
    4. carol kane
      Wishful

carol kane Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/13
      Hi Mick, i've done a similar thing, and like you the t got faster i think i was panicking, it calmed down and left no increase, i know it sounds crazy but i put plugs in when doing dishes etc just in case i make a loud clang.

• Agree Agree x 1
    5. Logan
      Stressed

Logan Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection
      Yea it bothers me too when I am doing dishes, epically when I am putting silverware away. My ears seem really sensitive to some noises for some reason.

• Agree Agree x 1
    6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      mick1987
      No Mood

mick1987 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      The good thing is that I have lost the stress and anxiety with my tinnitus, it just sounds more annoying, more intense than usual? I did also notice a very low humming Morse code noise as well last night, oh well it's getting boring, good to listen to a different sound anyway, mix it up a little!

• Like Like x 1
    7. Stina
      Psychedelic

Stina Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      11/13
      brain.jpg

I think it could go smth like this: you reading horror stories online - lid falling down - you thinking "now it will get worse" - t "getting" worse.

• Funny Funny x 2
    8. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      mick1987
      No Mood

mick1987 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      Stina, i have noticed a dozen times when something makes a sharp noise the tinnitus tone changes, not so much the volume. Metal spanner thrown on the floor when refitting bathroom = new whistle tone, car bonnet slamming shut= new high pitch tone (OK this one did change the volume), saucepan lid falling on floor= tinnitus tones changing again. I'm not "worrying" sharp noises do seem to change the tones, but like I say, something different to listen too! :)

9. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      mick1987
      No Mood

mick1987 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      I think it has calmed down now, last night and this morning it sounded like it was aggravated, but it could have just been one of them things, I just automatically blamed the noise, anyway I'm past caring, my tinnitus doesn't bother me that much anymore. I've got to stop being jumpy around loud noises.

10. object16
      Magical

object16 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      overuse of hearing protection, plus noise
      Hi Mick, the same thing happened to me about 6 weeks ago - my tinnitus was slowly getting better, and then by accident I banged a dinner plate against a large stainless steel mixing bowl right next to my ear. it made my tinnitus go crazy loud for at least another week, before it started to settle down a little. My tinnitus was insanely loud last Friday, but over the weekend I got as much sleep as possible using (abusing) meds, sleep with "notched" music AND "notched" rainfall, gradually I have a slight improvement.

• Hug Hug x 1