Day 204...

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by JannyBanany1, Feb 16, 2018.

1. JannyBanany1
      Gloomy

JannyBanany1 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      July 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      double ear infection
      Hi,

My name is Janet. I'm 33 yrs old and my ears have been ringing since July 2017. I was sitting on the couch one afternoon and noticed a loud pitched ringing in my ears. I made an appointment with my Dr. a couple days later when the ringing hadn't gone away. She told me that I had fluid in my ears and put me on a 10 day round of prednisone. About 7 days into the predisone, I had no relief and my ears were on FIRE, burning pain and loud ringing so I went to Urgent Care. When I got there they told me I had a double ear infection. They put me on antibiotics and gave me a shot of Tramadol. I can't remember if the Tramadol helped with the ringing but after a few days the antibiotics started to help with the pain in my ears. However, the ringing stayed.

I made an appointment with an ENT. He told me that there was no fluid in my ears and gave me a hearing test, which I passed. He told me it was allergies, and put me on a nasal spray and Singulair. My body had a bad reaction to the Singulair so I stopped taking it. The ENT referred me to an Allergist, saying that he couldn't help me.

At this point it is October, my ears are ringing, they feel full, and I feel like I had to keep popping them. I did two trips to the Allergist, my first trip I had testing done (30 pin pricks on my back and 13 needles in my arm), come to find out I'm allergic to dogs/cats and dust mites (I rolled my eyes, I've had my dogs for 10 years, and never had this problem). She put me on a 30 day regiment of Xyzal, and nasal spray. She also told me to go out and buy a mattress and pillow case covers for allergens.

30 days go by.... No change. I went back to the Allergist for a second round of testing, this time trees, nuts, grasses. I was allergic to NOTHING. At that point she told me she couldn't help me. Also during this time I was going to the Chiropractor 2x a week and I also I tried an acupuncturist, neither were helpful. At this point it was Christmas time, I was frustrated and gave up with Drs. I had a trip to Hawaii planned and was hoping that sun, and salt water would cure my pain. 9 days in Hawaii did not cure my ringing, crackling, or fullness. Wouldn't you think that if I had allergies that a 30 day regiment of Xyzal would help, or going out of town would maybe relieve some of the pain? Nothing.

It's now February, and last week 2/7 I went to the extreme and got ear tubes put in. That was so painful, I wish no one ever has to go through that pain. For the first 4-5 days I was hopeful, the ringing didn't stop but the Dr. said that wasn't guaranteed. That was OK because the pressure and crackling had subsided. Day 7-8 after the surgery, I'm back to feeling fullness, and having to pop my ears. Today my ear feel HOT and in pain. The ringing has been loud the past two days. I'm beyond frustrated and don't know where to turn. I'm hoping that someone has been here before and has some insight?

Thanks for reading all this.

2. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      Welcome to the forum. Sorry to hear your suffering and your frustration with the medical people. They don't seem to know what they are doing sometimes. What you mean by having 'ear tubes' put in? Wish your condition will improve. God bless.

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      JannyBanany1
      Gloomy

JannyBanany1 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      July 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      double ear infection
      Thanks billie48. Having ear tubes is when an ENT puts a slit in your ear drum and inserts a tiny tube into your ear drum to help release the pressure and/or drain any fluid that might be trapped in the middle ear. He said that putting in the ear tubes wouldn't guarantee to stop the ringing but I had to give it a try.

• Like Like x 1