Decibel Therapeutics Partnership with Regeneron

Discussion in 'Research News' started by Aaron123, Nov 29, 2017.

1. Flamingo1

Flamingo1 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      4-15-2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Sep 26, 2018--Medidata (NASDAQ:MDSO) today announced that Decibel Therapeutics is adopting Medidata Cloud, the Intelligent Platform for Life Sciences. The agreement will support the Boston biotech company’s clinical development for hearing loss, tinnitus, and balance disorders.

Decibel is advancing a portfolio of research programs addressing inner ear disorders with its discovery and development product engine. As it prepares to ramp up both interventional and non-interventional clinical research activities, Decibel partnered with Medidata to:

Support early stage research in the areas of observational, natural history explorationsFacilitate timely data capture and analysis of study outcomesSeamlessly scale and unify all data by adopting one eClinical platform across studies

“As we establish our clinical operations infrastructure, we are not only focusing on speed and quality, but building a clinical data ecosystem that is scalable and cost effective. Medidata supports these initiatives, and facilitates the aggregation and analysis of clinical data across a variety of platforms and studies,” said Heather Wolff, senior director of clinical development operations at Decibel. “After an extensive search, Medidata surfaced as the ideal technology partner for Decibel.”

• Informative Informative x 2
      • Hug Hug x 1
      • Winner Winner x 1
      • Friendly Friendly x 1
    2. JohnAdams
      Festive

JohnAdams Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      May 1st 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Aspirin Toxicity/Possibly Noise
      They sure as heck arent saying anything promising yet. All they are doing is saying we're trying, and we've got money. I dont think these folks realize what we are struggling with, otherwise they would tell us something to give us hope. That's what we desperately need, someone to come out and tell us that they have something to help us.

• Agree Agree x 4
    3. Silvio Sabo
      Pooptoast

Silvio Sabo Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2006
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise - I think
      There are quite a few of the researchers that are working with tinnitus who have tinnitus themselves you know.

4. GregCA
      Jaded

GregCA Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Otosclerosis
      This "internet wall" is probably linked EU's adoption and implementation of the GDPR. It's quite off-topic though.

5. streeter1985
      Studious

streeter1985 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Hearing loss (stress + virus activation)
      I know it's about GDPR. It's not off topic to ask if someone can please post me the information as I can't read it. I am allowed to get the same information as everyone here no?

I just mentioned that it is blocked for Europeans. Sorry if it is off-topic for you but not for other Europeans that are also blocked and can't read it.

6. GregCA
      Jaded

GregCA Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Otosclerosis
      Relax, there is no need to get defensive at every chance. The part that's off-topic is the GDPR and its ramifications: I was saying that my own explanation of your lack of access was getting into the off-topic territory.

It's perfectly legitimate for you to ask for help.

7. streeter1985
      Studious

streeter1985 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Hearing loss (stress + virus activation)
      Sorry it was not clear for me that you meant yourself. I thought you meant it's off topic to say "internet wall" and "America" in one sentence. You seem to be from CA.

Since your reply at the Frequency Therapeutics thread, your words in my direction have a little bit of negative connotation to me, I saw that as a very offensive act and so well I got defensive.

Please accept my apologies. I try to interpret your replies more neutral from now on.

• Like Like x 1
    8. bell

bell Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      • Good Question Good Question x 1
      • Informative Informative x 1
    9. JohnAdams
      Festive

Tinnitus Since:
      May 1st 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      • Agree Agree x 3
    10. Contrast
      No Mood

Contrast Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      late 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise injury
      it's an anti -ototoxic drug for people taking ototoxic medicines.

We know about this but now the drug has an official name.

• Informative Informative x 2
    11. Contrast
      No Mood

Contrast Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      late 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise injury
      I hope Decibel surprises us with a clinical trial for hidden hearing loss.

Imagine if they had a partnership with Frequency Therapeutics so FX-322 comes with both new hair cells and new synaptic ribbons.

• Agree Agree x 2
      • Creative Creative x 1
    12. JohnAdams
      Festive

Tinnitus Since:
      May 1st 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Imagine if they would hurry their butts up as if this was an actual priority!

• Agree Agree x 7
      • Like Like x 1
    13. Samir
      Obedient

Samir Manager Staff Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Accoustic trauma
      Either that, or they may tell us the truth and devastate us.

It has been said and done before. It did not help us much. In fact I like the virtue of Decibel – less talk and more work. Perhaps this is what we have been waiting for – a company that takes this seriously and goes to the bottom of the problem, instead of putting out a lot of press releases and seeking the short term financial benefit from it.

Before you can solve a problem you have to understand it first. Tinnitus is not an easy one to solve, not even if the solution lies in regenerating new hair cells. We can see that in the work that has been put into Frequency's efforts to regenerate hair cells. It's even more difficult if the solution lies in correcting the brain in some way.

Cheers to the hopes and dreams of tomorrow! :beeranimation:

• Optimistic Optimistic x 2
      • Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    14. JohnAdams
      Festive

Tinnitus Since:
      May 1st 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I think we do understand it in most cases. Cochlear hair cells are damaged or destroyed. Those are the only part of the system that can't naturally regenerate. I think this is the Holy Grail of our problem for the most part.

• Agree Agree x 3