Derealisation and Hearing Loss/Tinnitus

Discussion in 'Support' started by serendipity1996, Nov 7, 2016.

1. serendipity1996
      No Mood

serendipity1996 Member Podcast Patron Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      2011 - T, 2016- H, relapsed 2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise-induced
      I've had very mild tinnitus for the past five years without it bothering me but in the past 6 months or so my hearing has deteriorated markedly and I have experienced hyperacusis, distortion, muffled hearing, crackling etc and there definitely has been a shift in the way I am hearing things. I can hear and my audiogram came out as pretty perfect but there has been a reduction in sound quality - it is as if I am hearing in black and white. I've also been experiencing constant derealisation, my vision and depth perception etc/balance also seem a bit off. Alongside this, I've always been anxious and all this has led to me having a suicidal meltdown and I was recently put on anti-depressants so perhaps it is just a symptom of my anxiety but I have a suspicion that it all relates back to my hearing problems. Has anyone else experienced derealisation alongside hearing loss/tinnitus?

2. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Just a little help for balance .
      Practice standing on a pillow with both legs then one at a time and walking in a straight line etc.
      You could have hyperacusis and brain fog when you feel out of sorts....lots of love glynis