Desperate to Find Relief from Tinnitus — Any New Advice?

Discussion in 'Support' started by John Cunningham, Jan 2, 2020.

1. John Cunningham

John Cunningham Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      AIr Force
      Hello everyone - have been suffering with this for about ten or so years and have bought many of the available supplements and really have had no measurable success. My situation is such that the sound is present 24/7 with constant pitch changing and I have done my best to "ignore" it. I also did just listen to the web commercial for Ring Ease and although I realize it's probably too good to be true - I really have no other options. I have tried Ginkgo, Riboflavin, Niacin, and several others but the story of the combination seems intriguing to me.

Basically, I am desperate to find relief and do know that companies like Otonomy are investigating prescription level relief and are in very early stages of development. Also wonder how much diet (am a major coffee fan) does effect the severity of the issue.

Hoping to hear from some of you who may be in a similar position as I. Like some said along the way - "This Sucks".

Thanks in advance and Happy New Year to all - let's hope a cure is on the horizon.

Regards,

John

• Good Question Good Question x 1
    2. Michael B
      No Mood

Michael B Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      '11
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise Induced
      Some say caffeinated coffee affects tinnitus while others say otherwise. You might consider switching to decaf for a period to see if it helps.

3. astaff14

astaff14 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Earwax/Botched Irrigation/Noise Trauma
      I drink lots of coffee all the time & it’s never given me any sort of problem, I hope you find some ease with this.

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    4. JohnAdams
      Festive

JohnAdams Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      May 1st 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Aspirin Toxicity/Possibly Noise
      Me as well. No dietary behavior has ever caused me a spike. Only the time I tried cannabis oil which spiked the crap out of it and made me feel awful.