Dial Up Tinnitus: Ear Infection?

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by iop90cwl, Mar 5, 2016.

1. iop90cwl

iop90cwl Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/03/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Hey guys. So last night I started experiencing a digital sound, like a dial up modem or a fax machine uploading something, in my right ear only. The pitch changes from 330Hz to 310Hz rapidly and sounds digital. I remember the exact moment I started having it, too. I was sitting on my couch at around 8 PM March 3, 2016. At first I thought it was my old Dell desktop making noise, so I turned off the computer. Then, when it didn't stop, I unplugged the power strip. Still making noise. Frustrated, I left the room.

The sound followed me.

Now, I didn't experience it last night, but today, external sounds with my right ear have been just a bit quieter and I definitely feel a bit of pressure in my ear, which leads me to believe it might be an ear infection. That's good, because it means my tinnitus could go away. I have a doctor's appointment scheduled for Monday afternoon. Still, after over 24 hours with it, I'm wondering how some of you veterans on here can cope. Has anyone on here had temporary tinnitus from an ear infection?

Scared but Optimistic,
      iop90cwl

2. attheedgeofscience
      No Mood

attheedgeofscience Member Podcast Patron Mighty Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Resolved since 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown (medication, head injury)
      Yes.