Did I Injure My Neck?

Discussion in 'Health Talk' started by Coyotesheaven, Oct 4, 2016.

1. Coyotesheaven
      Depressed

Coyotesheaven Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Multiple
      So I was already getting a migraine this evening and felt the need to throw up and was running a high fever. I went downstairs and lounged on the basement couch, and tried to make it recline using my shoulder muscles because hell my stomach hurt to sit up. In retrospect with all the muscle tension, this was a really stupid idea.

So the chair reclines. I am ok for about 15 minutes. And then my hearing gets smited again in both high and low frequencies, my tinnitus spikes, and now I have this weird numbness in the back of my neck. Kinda like all the tissue does not exist back there at all. Also my vision experienced a strobe like effect, followed by rotary vertigo.
      This reminds me too much of my fall back in May, when I had a definite neck sprain and I went lame in all of my limbs for a good few hours. That was followed by slurred speech, a 'drunk' feeling as I am getting now, and very strange pulsatile tinnitus.

I know this may not be the right forum for this, but I am very scared and do not know what to do. Any advice will do splendidly!

• Hug Hug x 2
    2. gotyoubynuts

gotyoubynuts Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/1990
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Concert
      What does it matter if you did, there is no "cure" for injuring neck! This seems like a minor injury anyway

Next morning you are all better

3. Fungus
      Dreaming

Fungus Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Virus?
      You may well have had spasm in the neck muscles.

All of your symptoms could be down to migraine,too, which can affect just about any part of the brain's vascular system (your symptoms could be basilar migraine). Fever doesn't occur with classical or common migraine.

I'd be a bit concerned about getting all 4 limb weakness after a neck injury....did you displace a disc?

I'd certainly get advice from your doctor....hopefully it will all turn out to be nothing other than migraine.

Fungus.

• Like Like x 1
    4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Coyotesheaven
      Depressed

Coyotesheaven Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Multiple
      @Fungus

Thank your for the positive words. I don't yet know if it was a basilar migraine, but I am guessing it is possible. Woke up this morning and the headache and nausea are gone, but my hearing is still not back online and the roaring is back.

Can neck muscle spasms cause hearing problems or Meniere's symptoms too? They in no doubt could set off a migraine, I know that.

My discs are fine in my back from what I knew in August, which means that the initial 'fall' could not have done any damage. My basilar arteries were not being compressed according to a CT scan I also got in August. My cervical spine was very straight however, which isn't exactly normal.
      Who knows what everything looks like now with all of the muscle tension I have been experiencing over the past month or so.
      I'm just kinda shocked over what happened last night for all the hundreds of times I have used that recliner, even over the course of the last couple months. Not a lot of pressure being put on my shoulder muscles at all, yet this still happens. That couch is going to a new home in any case. Too many times I have had problems while sitting on it, and I swear it is killing my back too.

5. just1morething
      Benevolent

just1morething Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      TMJ disorder, airplane barotrauma, noise exposure.
      My cervical is too straight also. I was in a car accident when I was young so that and my occupation probably has my neck messed up. Instability in your upper cervical could be causing some of your problems including tinnitus from what I read. I'm going to try physical therapy tomorrow and possibly prolotherapy again. I remember prolotherapy isn't covered by health insurance. I am not endorsing prolotherapy at all as I remain a bit skeptical of everything relating to tinnitus help. This noise causes a lot of desperation.
      http://www.caringmedical.com/prolotherapy-news/cervical-neck-instability/
      http://drmarkwheaton.com/prolotherapy/ I seen him 3 times in 2012.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
    6. MikeL1972

MikeL1972 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      3/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Uknown
      If your neck is sore, a warm shower is good to loosen stiff muscles. Play it by ear and see how it feels. If it doesn't get better within a week and/or you are experiencing severe pain, go see your doctor.

• Agree Agree x 1
    7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Coyotesheaven
      Depressed

Coyotesheaven Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Multiple
      @just1morething

Thank you for the resources and information. Cranial instability is a possibility in my case. However, I have been evaluated by a cervical orthopedist and have been told that, despite the extreme muscle tension, my cervical spine is in perfect shape; no misalignments, no disc herniations, and no compressed blood vessels or nerves. That was of course 2 months ago, but I would rather no be blasted by CT radiation or deal with the horrific noise of an MRI again.

I would gladly do physical therapy, but unfortunately my body is so incredibly sensitive that any rigorous treatment may lead to disaster. My condition has actually worsened, or my body has negatively reacted to:
      craniosacral therapy, acupuncture, and even the Feldenkrais Method. Therefore, I would need to find the gentlest form of therapy possible.

Do you have any suggestions for really gentle forms of physical therapy?

8. just1morething
      Benevolent

just1morething Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      TMJ disorder, airplane barotrauma, noise exposure.
      @Coyotesheaven

I've read some of your past posts and seen you have Lyme disease. Maybe some of your symptoms are related to that? I know someone who is currently being treated for Lyme disease in the more advanced stages. I believe she is seeing this person. Intrusive tinnitus sure is hard to deal with.
      http://karenvrchota.com/

9. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Coyotesheaven
      Depressed

Coyotesheaven Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Multiple
      @just1morething

No, I actually do not have lyme disease, there was just a very high chance that I did but my tests came back negative.
      There are a few hints in my immune function tests that I am fighting a chronic infection, however. The little fevers I get here and there are also really weird and don't correspond with anything.