Dizziness?

Discussion in 'Support' started by SueR, Jan 13, 2014.

1. SueR
      Disappointed

SueR Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ear infection
      do you experience a bit of dizziness? is this what is called "vertigo"??

I'm still in need of all the tests and whatnot, so I am not exactly sure what conditions are associated with hyperacusis. I know H is a symptom and not the underlying condition. I hope what's going on with me isn't something worse than the H. I'm currently experiencing fatigue, dizziness, and one pupil is constricted. and I'm getting headaches again.

I have a msg in with my doc. I see audiologist tomorrow.

2. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      SueR
      Disappointed

SueR Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ear infection
      I got a reply from my doc. He is recommending a neurologist. The neurologist's clinical interests are Parkinson's, stroke, and dementia. No mention of H or T.

I think neurotologist is the way to go. I don't need referrals, and was thinking maybe just finding my own.

thoughts?

3. Stina
      Psychedelic

Stina Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      11/13
      Im a bit vague on this topic but a very good eyedoctor could help? Probably the neurologist couldnt hurt:)

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      SueR
      Disappointed

SueR Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ear infection
      ophthalmologists don't do MRIs and stuff like that.

why would you lean towards neurologist and not neurotologist? Seems that the neurotologist would specialize in ear and eye issues more.

5. Stina
      Psychedelic

Stina Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      11/13
      Oh Im sorry;D i dont even know the difference.. also i dont think we have this doctors in Estonia:( probably the last one is right:D

6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      SueR
      Disappointed

SueR Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ear infection
      lol

I didn't mean to say "opthalmologists don't do MRIs"... meant to say I don't think they do.

I have my audiology followup today. and I have a msg in with my son's audiologist (knowledgeable about H and T and all sorts of interesting ear stuff!). I'll find out more.

gotta run!

7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      SueR
      Disappointed

SueR Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ear infection
      geez... had one small laugh with my mom and I immediately had a dizzy spell. It hasn't gone away and that was 1.5 hrs ago.

I called to see if I could get in to see neurologist and they are booking out to April. I said I can't wait that long.... I'm in crisis mode. (diff size pupils, headaches, dizzy, H....)

I'll be going to the ER. I'm going to rest a bit and see if that'll help the dizzy subside until tomorrow. I'm so dang tired!! I have no ride at the moment anyway. I'd have to call an ambulance.

8. NeoM
      Moonlighting

NeoM Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/31/2013
      As far I as know, vertigo, is not associated with hyperacusis. It's probably just fluid in the ear. Speaking of mothers, my mother recently had a bout of vertigo from fluid in the ear.

9. Magpie
      Sporty

Magpie Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/15/1999
      Dizziness can be caused by a number of conditions including BPPV, Meniere's, Allergies, low blood pressure, anxiety, a virus etc......
      http://vestibular.org/node/2

• Like Like x 1