Do You Think Campral Could Reduce or Eliminate Benzo-Induced Tinnitus?

Discussion in 'Support' started by JasonP, Jun 7, 2016.

1. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      JasonP
      No Mood

JasonP Member

Tinnitus Since:
      6/2006
      Hey @Cityjohn, I know you said this over a year ago but I was thinking about it recently.
      I know it's been over a year now and recently I remembered what you said about Vitamin C. I only took it briefly and then stopped for a long time but can't remember why I stopped. I think it was because I was having some success with some other medications and supplements at the time and I was taking so many I decided to drop Vitamin C. @Cityjohn I was wondering. Is it possible to taper faster from klonopin using Vitamin C? Also, will continuous use of Vitamin C over time improve brain health and if so, how long would it need to be taken for?

Btw, I did end up taking Campral for maybe 10 days and I didn't notice anything good or bad from taking it. I'm not sure if it would have helped if I would have taken it longer or not.

2. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      JasonP
      No Mood

JasonP Member

Tinnitus Since:
      6/2006
      Okay, I found this website that says "Recently, a Brazilian study found the drug to be effective in the treatment of tinnitus caused by benzodiazepine withdrawal." Does anyone have another source that would say the same thing? By the way, I did take Campral for about 10 days or so and didn't notice anything but my T was low at the time before, during, and after.

https://www.whitesandstreatment.com/addictive-substances/campral/

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      JasonP
      No Mood

JasonP Member

Tinnitus Since:
      6/2006
      Okay I found a study about tinnitus treated with Campral for 30 days has no benefit, 60 days, a modest benefit, and 90 days a significant benefit.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3136369/

I did not know this and only took it for 10 days. I guess I made a mistake. Anyone else try this medication?

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      JasonP
      No Mood

JasonP Member

Tinnitus Since:
      6/2006
      What stopped you from using it past 14 days?

5. grate_biff
      In pain

grate_biff Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma using headphones
      Bc idiot doctors. They have nothing to offer themselves, but they acknowledge you are suffering and go along with what you ask could be beneficial. But if their are no quick results, they say: It does not help! Im taking you off it!
      I did neither know of the 90 day period, according to the brazilian study.
      Either way. It stopped me craving alcohol, thats for sure!
      I have more left, but not enough for 90 days.
      Still, I question it will help too, so...
      I´ve tried other glutamate antagonists. Did nothing!