Does Anyone Else Physically Feel Their Tinnitus?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Zam, Nov 20, 2014.

1. BobDigi
      Kick ass

BobDigi Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise
      Sometimes but not very often.

2. Kathi
      Balanced

Kathi Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      10/30/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      HFHL and stress
      I have unilateral tinnitus in my left ear--it's high pitched from HFHL. Sometimes I feel a tingling sensation in my left temple--like the neurons are jumping around :) and I get an 'ice cream pain' over my eyebrow.

3. Tinnita

Tinnita Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/82
      Yes,just before falling asleep,when the body relaxes and switches off,I get a sort of an electric choc in the back head and a short,buzzing, new tinnitus sound.The stress from tinnitus causes hard tension head ache, so indirectly a lot of things like neckpain can generate from the stress of the tinnitus monster,that threatens me all the time.

4. Tinnita

Tinnita Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/82
      There are many causes of tinnitus as you probably know.And the scientists must continue to try to help us!The hearing
      system is extremely complicated and since it got many small structures within the nervous system it is very difficult for the doctors to reach every problem,but as far as I know they neurophysiologists must find a new neurotransmittor to give us relief! (Just like the dopamin in the Parkinsons diseased) a Danish professor told me.Meanwhile I listen to music and the latest favorite is the albanian folksinger: Marte Moli,(youtube) with highpiched rapid oriental,turkishinfluenced style that is exellent to mask the noise and make me happy.Ocean waves can also give me a little relief as well as a bird song in spring.

5. jeannie
      Stressed

jeannie Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise-induced, Ear Infection, Medication... Who knows?
      mine was so loud in my head one night that I could feel the back of my head vibrating, felt like nerves twitching all over my head, I went to emergency room because I didn't know what was happening, felt scared, and panicked...horrible what we all go through because of this.

6. uncle vikin
      Musical

uncle vikin Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Subjective tinnitus r ear cause ( unknown)
      I think the stress of T causes alot of physical ailments .It is all limbic .It is how we interpret the T.It is the ultimate challenge of someone trying to ignore something coming from the brain by using the brain.A paradox.

• Agree Agree x 1
    7. Thongjy
      Balanced

Thongjy Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unsure
      Do you mean tingling sensation like on ear drum or ear carnal or ear loop? Like itchy as if ants are crawling inside your ear drum?

8. Geo

Geo Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2012
      like the feeling of hot air coming out the ear, i get that when my T spikes i think its the H..

9. valeri

valeri Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2011
      Mike I have the same generator noise and vibration through the whole head:(
      Is yours constant and how do you cope?

• Hug Hug x 1
    10. Thongjy
      Balanced

Thongjy Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unsure
      Anyone have slight numbness of the ear lobe near the canal and slight itchy vibrations as if ants are crawling inside on your ear drums?

• Like Like x 1
    11. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Zam

Zam Member

I get that too but I don't associate it with T. I mean really just feeling the vibrations from the sound you hear.

12. Mike34

Mike34 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2014
      It's constant but I don't notice it every second of every day. It's only really bad in smaller spaces like bathrooms and closets. Outside it isn't noticeable.

How is yours and where did your ear problems come from?

13. canyonero

canyonero Member

Tinnitus Since:
      7/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma?
      If I try to sing a low pitched note my T ear will vibrate like I blowing into a bottle. Not sure if that is H or a real resonance.

14. Kevin08
      Balanced

Kevin08 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      9/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Infection
      I have this too, hope it goes soon.

15. Casper

Casper Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music at concert
      It's now been almost six months since I first got tinnitus from a loud indoor concert. I've experienced some improvement over the last few weeks, and I've even enjoyed the rare moment of silence. This makes me cautiously optimistic that it may go away eventually. However, a strange symptom that bothered me right at the beginning seems to be more frequent now. It's difficult to describe, but sometimes I'll get a vibrating sensation behind my ear, where it feels like it's in my brain. It's what I imagine it would feel like if someone stuck a tuning fork in my brain. It's really annoying, because there's no way to "mask" it, given that it's not really a sound. Sometimes it's accompanied by a high-frequency hiss, which I can hear over noises that mask my regular tone.

I'm almost certain that I once came across another post on here where the author described something like "electrical zaps in my ear", but I can't find it anymore.

Has anyone experienced this?

I really hope this goes away with time, in my case it's more annoying than the T itself.

16. Mike James

Mike James Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      High frequency hearing loss
      I feel like its pysical as well...is horrable....constant hissing sounds...and same 2/3 days a week its much worse...What is H please can someone explain?