Does Anyone Know What Could Cause This Type of Tinnitus (with Sound Effect)?

Discussion in 'Support' started by JasonP, Jan 18, 2017.

1. JasonP
      No Mood

JasonP Member

Tinnitus Since:
      6/2006
      Okay, I have several sounds in my head. One sound, I can't figure out what is causing it but it sounds like something physical is happening. The first time I heard it was when I took Remeron and it was at its loudest then. After Remeron, it stopped. Years later I was exposed to loud sound and I hear again. This has been over a year. The closest I can find right now for a sound effect is below. I could go searching and searching but this is good enough. It is very close. It might be a few clicking noises less but otherwise very, very close. If you know what is causing this or might be, feel free to let me know. Of course forget the woman's voice on there ;)
      https://www.pond5.com/sound-effect/...pter-hand-trigger-toy-int-close-wind-var.html

If you are looking for other sound effects to describe an unusual tinnitus sound, you might be able to find them at this site here:

https://www.pond5.com/sound-effects/1/wind-up-toy.html#2

2. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      JasonP
      No Mood

JasonP Member

Tinnitus Since:
      6/2006
      @Cityjohn Have you ever heard something like this before? Is it caused by some kind of muscle pulsing the cochlea? I have taken muscle relaxers but it didn't do anything. By the way, thanks for all your help on here!

3. layzell

layzell Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      inner ear infection
      JasonP, I have a noise something like rocks falling but the spacing between the pulses is wider. The audiologist told me that to try and stop it they could cut a tiny muscle deep within the ear, but no guarantees of course. So far I haven't had the operation done because of my age, (81), and they don't like to risk it. So I just put up with the noise. I'm learning to avoid the noise by staying relaxed and getting plenty of sleep, not smoking or drinking and taking exercise.