Does Nicotine Only Increase Tinnitus Temporarily?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Torgeir, May 22, 2016.

1. Torgeir

Torgeir Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Hi, not sure if I'm posting this in the right section, (my first post) but here it goes:
      From time to time, could be about once or twice a month I smoke Shisha(waterpipe) with my friends. This is often quite long session and could be a lot of Nicotine.
      I haven't experienced a noticeable increase in my tinnitus after smoking before, but this night I woke up and it was louder than it had been in a long time.

I read that Nicotine was a stimulant for tinnitus. My question is: Do you think, that since it is a stimulant the loudness of my tinnitus will go down to it's normal state when the nicotine has worn out and that I should expect this same temporary increase the next time I smoke as well?
      If you have any experience or opinions feel free to reply.
      Btw, I know smoking is bad for me, but seeing I do it so rarely I'm not stopping unless I know it's gonna worsen my tinnitus temporarily.

2. Aussie Lea
      Dramaqueen

Aussie Lea Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2013
      Nicotine's impact on tinnitus is temporary.

3. Zora
      Depressed

Zora Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      1st time: Megaphone ;2nd time: headphones too loud
      hey :)
      I too smoked a shisha yesterday, but only took like 8 hits total. my T is also a little increased but I drank alcohol as well so I blame the alc. I wouldnt smoke regularly though...bc I dont like shisha thaaaat much. But if you like it I would say go for it.

there was a guy who told me to stop drinking if alcohol increases my T. But I want to drink from time to time. I personally dont want to make that restriction.
      so yeah..If you enjoy it a lot I would still do it. also once or twice a months isnt that bad.

4. hoper
      Lonely

hoper Member

Tinnitus Since:
      -
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      -
      CWLcJir.jpg

i can't understand why some people love being drunk...

i like REAL men things like Drangonball Z or spongebob.