Does This (Wisdom Teeth Removed, Braces) Make Your TMJ Better?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Mercedes, Nov 15, 2015.

tinnitus forum
    1. Mercedes
      Anime

Mercedes Member

Does getting your wisdom teeth and braces help make tmj better does it fix the jaw? Just wandering cause I think I might have tmj and I need all these things done.

2. Natalie Roberts
      Depressed

Natalie Roberts Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Pregnancy or mild hearing loss.. Who knows.
      From what I've learned about it, braces can actually be the cause of TMJ. If your jaw is misaligned I would recommend seeking out a TMJ specalist in your area and getting a jaw splint that you wear mainly at night or all the time in the beginning. Be deligent about going in for regular adjustments (1-2 times a week in the beginning) and know that it takes time before it improves. If you find yourself a good dentist, you will absolutely see improvement. Avoid letting them adjust your teeth themselves, instead insist on a hard splint that they can adjust . Adjustments on teeth are terrible and hard to reverse. I've been battling TMJ for about 2 years, regularly seeking treament for 1.5 and after finding the perfect dr for me saw life-changing improvement in 6 months.

3. Weswhat

Weswhat Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Love your picture. Natsu ftw!
      I'm going through TMJ treatment right now. All my problems are on the right side, including tinnitus.
      Ride side of my jaw clicks, pops, ear spasms, etc. Started treatment this past Thursday. No hearing loss. Only 22. Hoping if I get TMJ fixed the tinnitus will go with it. I've read stories of success and failure so we'll see.

4. Ricardo1991
      Fine

Ricardo1991 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Signs seem to point to head/ neck injury!
      I'm getting my wisdom teeth removed next week, I'll post an update as soon as I recover!