Dr. Joel Wallach on Treating Tinnitus With Diagnosis, Diet, and Supplements

Discussion in 'Alternative Treatments and Research' started by calin, Mar 24, 2012.

1. calin
      Inspired

calin Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Oct 2011
      TINNITUS (ringing or buzzing in the ear):
      is characterized by a ringing or buzzing in the ear. “Orthodox” doctors suggest that “surgery is of no value; if you can’t tolerate the ringing, play background music.” In reality, there are a variety of causes of tinnitus including hypertension, lead, mercury toxicity, nutritional deficiencies, osteoporosis, food allergies and/or hypoglycemia. Do the necessary laboratory work to make a specific diagnosis including the pulse test, six-hour GTT and hair analysis. Take the base line nutritional program. Treatment of tinnitus should include the treatment of the underlying disease, avoid offending food allergens, autoimmune urine therapy, avoid sugar and all refined foods, zinc at 50 mg t.i.d., tin from plant derived colloidal minerals, essential fatty acids at 5 gm t.i.d., vitamin A at 300,000 IU per day as beta carotene, calcium and magnesium at 2,000 and 1,000 mg per day and betaine HCI and pancreatic enzymes at 75-200 mg t.i.d. 15 minutes before meals.
      [Note: t.i.d. = 3 times per day; b.i.d. = 2 times per day; q.i.d.= 4 times per day]
      http://www.kingmaker.net/eknowtrient-t-u-v.htm

2. Karen
      Talkative

Karen Manager Staff Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      First time: Noise 2nd Time: Ototoxic drug
      Thanks for this link, Calin. Interesting stuff! What does he mean by "autoimmune urine therapy"?

I agree that supplements, such as magnesium and calcium, seem to help with tinnitus. I'm taking those, along with other supplements, myself, and have begun to notice a difference. I've upped my dose of magnesium chloride to 1040 mg., and it seems to be helping. I take a vegetarian form of enzymes with meals, and they seem to be working, too.

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      calin
      Inspired

calin Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Oct 2011
      OK! Great! Good to hear!

4. christine kauhane
      Sunshine

christine kauhane Member

Tinnitus Since:
      june 9th 2013
      the magnesium cloride 1040 you take that daily?

5. Karen
      Talkative

Karen Manager Staff Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      First time: Noise 2nd Time: Ototoxic drug
      Yes, I take the magnesium daily, about an hour before bedtime. It helps me relax; it is very calming. And, it is supposed to help with tinnitus, too!

• Like Like x 1
    6. Linds
      Balanced

Linds Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      November 2013
      I agree magnesium definitely helps me relax. It took a couple weeks to kick in so if you are thinking about taking it allow about two weeks before you notice anything. Just my observation.

7. carlover
      English

carlover Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Gee thats a heavy programme probably 18 high dose betacarotene capsules a day for starters....and would you really want all that calcium in your arteries? Just my 2p

8. Dr. Ancill

Dr. Ancill Member Clinician

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2013
      Before you rush out and follow this man's advice, please read http://www.skepdic.com/wallach.html
      'Dr.' Wallach is a veterinarian and naturopath who claims all disease is due to mineral and other deficiencies and has claimed to cure diabetes. Most of his recommendation are nonsense and play on the fear and misery of people with chronic disorders, such as tinnitus. The more you focus on your tinnitus the harder it is for your brain to habituate. Anxiety 'amplifies' tinnitus so any strategem that reduces anxiety, such as trying a new 'cure', will seem to improve the tinnitus temporarily. Don't fall for this age-old 'snake oil' con.

• Hug Hug x 1