@Dr. Nagler — Help!

Discussion in 'Dr. Stephen Nagler (Archived Answers)' started by eightythree, Feb 25, 2015.

1. Dr. Nagler is not accepting new questions.
    Dismiss Notice
tinnitus forum
    1. eightythree

eightythree Member

Tinnitus Since:
      I've been having ear problems for the past 7 months or so and I can't figure out what it is :

- Pressure in ears (Switches from side to side)
      - Very low tinnitus (recent development) I can stop the tinnitus if I open my jaw really really wide. It's only noticeable in very quiet rooms.
      - Slight burning pain in ears (Switches from side to side)
      - Certain sounds seem to make my ears "tense-up"

I have no dizziness, my hearing tests have come out better then normal and my LDLs are normal as well. This is driving me nuts!

I thought for a while it was Hyperacusis, but like I said, my LDLS tested up to 110 dBs (Max allowed for the test I guess) I've been to plenty of loud places such as bars and what not and it might be a little uncomfortable if it's really loud but I don't think thats abnormal. It seems the symptoms are all tied to when my ears feel full.

Any suggestions on what I should do to diagnose this?
    2. Dr. Nagler

Dr. Nagler Member

Atlanta, Georgia USA
      Tinnitus Since:
      With low pitched tinnitus and intermittent fullness, cochlear hydrops comes to mind - but that's really much more of a guess and much less of a diagnosis at this point in time. My suggestion would be for you to see a neurotologist for a thorough evaluation, which will clearly serve you far better than my "shot in the dark."

All the best -

stephen nagler