Drinking Tea Increases Tinnitus?

Discussion in 'Support' started by RangioraGirl, Jan 18, 2018.

1. RangioraGirl
      Jaded

RangioraGirl Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Nov 2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Menieres Disease
      Someone mentioned they had stopped drinking tea and alcohol, and this seemed to improve the tinnitus by making it quieter. I've tried everything so am still working on this.

Anyone have any ideas here?

2. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Bill Bauer Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      Anything that stimulates the brain (and that includes tea and coffee) can make tinnitus louder for the day. I am convinced that energy drinks make my tinnitus louder.

• Agree Agree x 3
      • Like Like x 1
    3. Mkc28

Mkc28 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown maybe TMJ
      Drinking 2 cups of Green Tea every morning has made my ringing quieter. I still drink Green Tea every morning, have been for years and my tinnitus is pretty much gone now.

• Like Like x 2
    4. Robert18

Robert18 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      october 10, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      machine noise in factory, headphone, stressed
      I drink Yogi Restful Sleep herbal tea. It's caffeine free, it helps me sleep and it calms my body and mind during bed time and I observe it makes my tinnitus lower when I wake up.

5. linearb
      Psychedelic

linearb Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

beliefs are makyo and reality ignores them
      Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Caffeine and alcohol have little to no effect on my tinnitus, as a general rule. Hangovers do but I don't drink like that except for once in a great, great while (last time I recall was in the spring of 2016 when I got together with a friend that I hadn't seen in a decade and he took me to too many restaurants and bars).

6. Oabmarcus

Oabmarcus Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1/30/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Stress and years of using earbuds/headphones
      Same, I recommend this tea for a natural non-pharmaceutical approach for sleep aid.

7. cruise
      Relaxed

cruise Member

Tinnitus Since:
      March 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      At first I avoided many things but mainly coffee and alcohol because I was afraid of spikes. But after a while the fear for spikes faded and I started drinking both again.

• Agree Agree x 1
    8. Catt

Catt Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown, but multiple causes likely
      Definitely. Green tea (both decaf and regular, and even a lot of herbal relaxing teas without real green, black, or white tea); coffee; and energy drinks, all increase my tinnitus by at least 3-4 levels every single time I drink them (it’s usually about a 4 or 5 these days).

My tinnitus in 2020 was a level 8 and I wanted to die. I switched to an all natural diet of only fruit, veggies, nuts, and seeds and eliminated Gabapentin and Xanax, and all processed foods, dairy, and sugar, and it went down to a level 3 or 4 in a year, thank God! It saved my life. I lost 60 lbs too!

When I start eating like a typical person again and eat at restaurants, eat canned and boxed food like soup, cereal, and sugar, it gets worse, but not half as much as when I drink coffee, tea, and energy drinks. I still drink them, but I know my tinnitus will be up a few levels for that day and often the following day or two as well.

• Informative Informative x 1
    9. Juan

Juan Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Several causes
      Green tea reduces my tinnitus.

• Like Like x 1
      • Informative Informative x 1