E-Cigs

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by gary, Aug 14, 2014.

1. gary
      Transparent

gary Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Who Knows
      I have been using E-CIGS (electronic cigarettes) for at least three years now. I use the ones with nicotine, I am aware nicotine is not good for me, but I figure all the other chemicals & tar that are in cigarettes, E-CIGS are a better choice if I am still going to smoke. Of course E-CIGS are not good for me either, I know that, but I choose to use them. I am not ready to quit.

2. Steve
      Creative

Steve Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Flu, Noise-induced, Jaw trauma
      I've never smoked, never understood it at all, the smell makes me feel sick.

Anyway....

I watch people out and about with electronic cigarettes with curiosity. They look like they are almost constantly smoking. Do you find that you can't easily regulate what you have, so end up smoking a lot more than you did before?

3. yonkapin

yonkapin Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      March 2012
      I went through a little e-cig phase back in my smoking days. Was very handy in clubs!

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      gary
      Transparent

gary Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Who Knows
      Yes Steve, I do use the ECIG more than if I was using tobacco. The only upside for non-smokers being around someone that uses an ECIG, is that there is no smell whatsoever, at least with the mixture I use.

5. UserID
      Lucky

UserID Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      05/01/1972
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Artillery
      My father smoked Pall Malls up to the age of 49, and died a horribly painful death from lung cancer. I watched his demise from afar, and finally made a trip north to be with him during his last days. It's a terrible way to die, hoping against hope to catch your breath at least a few times each day.

And, that was his one big hope in life in those days. "How wonderful it is," he would say, "just to catch a breath." He died at age 77, nearly thirty years after he quit smoking; but then, he inhaled two packs a day for decades. Soon after he quit, a half of a lung had to be surgically removed.

Please, Gary, quit.

People are supposed to have both short term and long term goals in life. Too often, the long term ones are the last to be made. An example: ten years before retirement folks wonder what they'll live on in advanced age. To the slothful, no money is ever put aside and, to them, investments are something others foolishly bother to consider. "You can't take it with you," is usually the excuse for spending everything that comes in.

In the same way, you must begin to see your health, Gary, in the long term. There will be a painful price to pay if you don't make that choice for yourself today.

• Winner Winner x 1
    6. Marlene
      English

Marlene Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      July 1996
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Bacterial virus
      I say same to people who have to drink,never understood that,I hate the smell,I'm teetotal,that's got health issues to go with it,but it's cigarettes that get the most publicity.Why ? Hospitals are inundated with drunks turning up in A and E through drink,then the abuse the staff have to put up with trying to help these drunks,again look at the drunks,who get and think they can drive a car.they cause lots of innocent deaths,through plain selfishness on there part,drunks and mobile phone users in cars.Gary and smoking not bothered,at most it affects is smoker themselves,and as User said family who have to see what they do to a family members health,I go along with that.
      We've got choices life's full to the brim with them .Will ad one more thing to cigarettes ban them in a car,can't drive one handed ,and be in control of that motor,that's my one and only gripe to smokers for me.

• Agree Agree x 1
    7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      gary
      Transparent

gary Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Who Knows
      Hi used, thanks for the kind words. I really do not want to quit. I find that with anything, that you first must want to do it. I understand the dangers associated with nicotine.