Ear Drum Perforation/Tinnitus/Sinus Infection

Discussion in 'Support' started by Sheyla Molho, Apr 26, 2018.

1. Sheyla Molho

Sheyla Molho Member

Tinnitus Since:
      dec 15 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Sinus Infection = Ear Drum Perforation
      My right ear got Tinnitus on Dec 15th, 2017. I had a toothache and my ear hurt, and i went to urgent care.
      They told me I had a sinus infection, and they gave me a nasal spray and doxycycline. I took the antibiotic, and woke up the next am with Tinnitus. I also felt like there was something in my ear, so i used a q tip the night before, but no pain or anything. A week later, I flew to Hawaii, and finally started to be bothered by the noise. I went to urgent care there, and they looked and said my ear drum had a small perforation. I think it might have perforated the same night i took the doxycycline, cause that's when the tinnitus started. So basically, I flew with a perforated eardrum.

I went to an ENT when i got home, and within 12days, my ear drum had healed, and they even took a scab off of it with a microscope. I've been to countless ENT's and my ears feel full, and my tinnitus is still the same it was almost 4 months ago.

I have perfect hearing, and have gone to 3 different audiologists. Has anyone had a full recovery from an ear drum perforated tinnitus?

I may have ETD, ever since i flew, and i hope i didn't lose some high frequency hearing (above the type they test for)

I must also mention, my husband left me after i got depressed and basically fell apart because of the tinnitus, so the added stress isn't helping me.

I am taking all the necessary supplements, and wearing ear plugs, even when I shower. Any suggestions welcome. Thank you

• Hug Hug x 1
    2. BlackSwanNSW

BlackSwanNSW Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection from with otitis media and/or blowing nose.
      Hang in there. There are a lot people having the same issues you have. See the posts below:

https://www.tinnitustalk.com/threads/otitis-media-and-eardrum-perforation.11739/#post-153556

https://www.tinnitustalk.com/thread...rgies-goes-away-dont-worry.27270/#post-330970

https://www.tinnitustalk.com/thread...-full-—-my-first-illness-related-spike.19808/

These are only a few that came across my mind but do some search in this forum.
      I am so sorry your husband left you just for something like this. This is awful but I think it is a great thing as he clearly didn't deserve you. What kind of man is this? Don't worry the ear recovers from perforated ear drums in a few weeks. The T level will either disappear or either fade away too.

3. BlackSwanNSW

BlackSwanNSW Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection from with otitis media and/or blowing nose.
    4. Michellejean

Michellejean Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/1/18
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Virus/ no clue
      Hey I had an ear nose throat infection in February and tinnitus came calling for Me. My ear drum also perforated. It’s healed now and has been for a while. Tinnitus is in both of my ears however and they pop and crackle all the time due to ETD. It appears some infections can do some serious damage. Do you feel like it has improved any? How are you coping g? And I am so sorry about your husband, I pray you are okay. What a terrible person.