Ear Fullness from Specific Frequency

Discussion in 'Support' started by RoeTaKa, Aug 30, 2018.

1. RoeTaKa
      Creative

RoeTaKa Member

Tinnitus Since:
      January 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud Music/Somatic?
      This is something that happened like half an hour ago. I was making some lunch when I grabbed something, which caused a plate to fall and smash on the floor. As I heard it fall I knew I couldn't cover my ears in time, it smashed but luckily I was fine and just took a moment to let my ears adjust and breathe. So I grab the dustpan and start scooping it up when I noticed something very weird, as the larger pieces were being dragged across the floor my ears started to feel full like when you yawn. I checked a few times as I brushed to see if I was just tensing up from the sound but it didn't really feel like it. Has anyone else experienced this? It seemed unusual to me.

My present situation with tinnitus is my high pitch has settled to a lower volume and usually doesn't bother me, but some days it can be a bit more present and easier to hear. However for several months now I have noticed a very low pitched sound which is fairly easy to mask, it bothers me more than the high pitch because when there is a lack of sound it can feel very consuming as if it fills my head a lot more. The low pitch seems to vary in its fullness, some days if it's quiet I don't particularly notice it.

The sound from the larger pieces of plate on the floor (which would be a lower frequency than the smaller pieces obviously) seemed to incite a reaction of fullness that feels more familiar to the lower pitch. I'm very curious if this adds up to some muscle tension I'm unaware of which could be helped by massages or acupuncture or something? I would love to find more relief that deals with the low sound I'd like to affect me less (like a deep hum). But yeah any insight about this would be much appreciated!

• Hug Hug x 1
    2. Contrast
      No Mood

Contrast Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      late 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise injury
      search online for tonic tensor typani for more information