Ear Hotness and Tinnitus (Hissing Sound)

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Blondie08, Jan 20, 2020.

1. Blondie08

Blondie08 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11|20/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Hi. I’m new hear and quite unhappy with what’s going on with me!

I developed this hissing sound two months ago! It started with my inner ears getting hot! Then hissing got worse! Went to an ENT - gave me antibiotics and steroids! Steroids made me nuts and anxiety ridden! Didn’t cure the tinnitus!

Then one night I woke up with a head rush and hot inner ears! Ended up in the ER. Had CT scan - had MRI!

End results from three different doctors say allergies, sinuses, and last one said TMJ caused by stress! So who do you believe!?

Going to a physical therapist who studied in the UK who cured my neck problems in one visit! I read tinnitus can come from neck problems!

Anyone with similar symptoms?

Thank you - I’m freaking out!

2. Michael B
      No Mood

Michael B Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      '11
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise Induced
      My left ear sometimes gets warm to the touch when I'm having a bad tinnitus day. I assume it's stress related.

3. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Allergies can make your ears hot and for some people cause a feeling of itching inside and a scratching feeling in the throat.

Try to notice what you react to.

It could be external allergies or things in food like E numbers, artificial sugar like saccharine.

I hope you find the problem as extra mucus from allergies can cause and spike tinnitus.

Love Glynis

• Like Like x 1