Ear Infection and Hissing Sound Since March

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Nancyrob, May 27, 2018.

1. Nancyrob

Nancyrob Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection and fluid
      I started my journey with the hissing sound back in march. I woke with ear pain, pressure and hissing sound.

I sought treatment at an urgent care who said I had fluid on my ear but no infection. I was prescribed flonase for the fluid.

I got worse so went to my dr and she said I had a double ear infection, sinusitis and was treated with antibiotics and use of flonase and decongestant. My ears felt better but the hissing and little bit of stuffiness stayed.

I was told to call the ENT which I did and seen him last week. He checked my hearing that's fine and pressure in my ears, a machine that's blows air into your ear.

He said hearing was fine and pressure was fine. I asked about allergies due to the stuffiness in my nose and ears and he said he didn't see anything wrong and doubted I even had a double ear infection or allergies. I asked about post nasal drip and he said there was no such thing. He believes tinnitus in most cases is in the rain and to see a neurologist.

I felt so defeated after that! I am suppose to fly in july and I am worried now if I should go!

Mine remains a hissing once in awhile it has a ring to it. Some days its lower and that give me hope but the next days its back full force! I pray for all of us that they find a cure!

2. 1MW
      No Mood

1MW Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2008 but cured and relapsed from benzos
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ssnhl/benzos/unknown
      Avoid loud sound, take nac, multivitamins, magnesium, creatine
      and after some time it will pass.

Never ever get a psychiatric medicine.

Also if you take any drugs other than these for infection & flonase stop them after contact with your doctor
      because maybe these are the cause.

• Like Like x 1
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Nancyrob

Nancyrob Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection and fluid
      I take meds for anxiety for the last 20 years and high cholesterol. I am not around loud sounds, never have been. I take a multivitamin I will try the others though. I no longer have meds for the sinus and ear. I have been taking claritin for allergies. Thank you for your response!
      Nancy

4. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      @Nancyrob ,
      Allergies can cause tinnitus as it causes extra mucus and also can cause post nasal drip that the mucus can go in your eustation tubes when sleeping.
      Antihistamines and a steroid nasal spray can help reduce mucus and dry it up.
      Frequent nasal spray can cause your nose to get to dry so try miss a day or two or use a sterile water nasil spray if your nose feels crusted inside.
      Love glynis

• Like Like x 1
    5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Nancyrob

Nancyrob Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection and fluid
      Thank you Glynis, I was very confused by my ENT. He seemed to think m9one of it was related! I lnow alot of the time I,am plugged up in the morning if I blow my nose and get up and,get up and about it seem lower. Morning is my worst time of day and the loudest, not because its the quietest but because I sleep with a fan on low and tv. I,pray they find a solution to this for everyone.
      Nancy