Ear Infection Ear Drops

Discussion in 'Support' started by ibeca, Feb 3, 2016.

tinnitus forum
    1. ibeca

ibeca Member

Tinnitus Since:
      • Hi. Can someone here answer? Hopefully so.I have an outer earinfection. I am a tinnitus sufferer and have vertigo(bppv).
      • Trying to find eardrops that are safe to use. My physician gave me sofradex. And my ent(spoke to him on phone,going there tomorrow) wants to give me gentamicin. Which I understand both are ototoxic and vestibulartoxic.. Could you help?
      • Does anyone have suggestions for me about safe meds/eardrops that are safe to use. So scared, I really don't want to be worse. Both tinnitus and vertigo is hard enough to cope with now.
      Thank you in anvance:)
      • Like Like x 1
    2. glynis-harbron

glynis-harbron Member Benefactor Hall of Fame Ambassador Team Awareness Team Research

England, Stoke-on-Trent
      Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      The gentamicin should help if their is a virus infection and inflammation in your ear even though are ototoxic they might be needed.
      Most ototoxic drugs mainly cause problems in high doses through IV treatment.....lots of love glynis
    3. ady

ady Member

Ear drops are always safe. Your tympanic membrane is a barrier.