Ear Wax Build Up Removal with Olive Oil

Discussion in 'Support' started by hannahdoubleyou, Aug 20, 2018.

1. hannahdoubleyou

hannahdoubleyou Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise exposure (I think)
      Hi all,

Been to the drs today as had uncomfortable feeling in my ears and he said I have some ear wax build up and has told me to clear it with olive oil drops and if that doesn't work another method will have to be used.

Is this safe? I feel sick with anxiety just thinking about putting something in my ear. Any advice and reassurance would be appreciated.

2. TomPearson
      Transparent

TomPearson Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      I think you'd be better off with some proper medicated drops rather than olive oil.

3. Lane

Lane Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Single 25 mg dose of (anticholinergic) drug Promethazine
      I put a couple drops of castor oil in my ears a couple times a week to keep the wax in my ear from hardening up. I sometimes notice the slightest in tinnitus after doing so, but I never notice it for very long. The very temporary slight increase doesn't concern me because I've read that sometimes when you do something right for your ears, there WILL be an initial uptick in tinnitus volume. Which is indicative of something beneficial taking place. -- I'm considering doing this more often, as I've seen castor oil recommended a number of times for being able to harmonize the nervous system. If our ears need anything, it's all the harmonizing they can get!

• Like Like x 1