Ear Wax Removal

Discussion in 'Support' started by Bessie, Jun 16, 2016.

1. Bessie
      Angelic

Bessie Member

Tinnitus Since:
      June 8, 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unkown
      So can ear wax removal help with pulsatile tinnitus?

2. Karen
      Talkative

Karen Manager Staff Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      First time: Noise 2nd Time: Ototoxic drug
      Hi, @Bessie,

I've never heard of earwax removal helping pulsatile tinnitus.

How long have you had it, and have you been checked out by a doctor? Pulsatile tinnitus is not the same as regular tinnitus. It is usually vascular in nature, and there are many cases of people being helped or cured if a cause is found.

Best wishes,
      Karen

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Bessie
      Angelic

Bessie Member

Tinnitus Since:
      June 8, 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unkown
      Hi Karen. I had it a week ago. It started off as everytime I bend to pick up something, I would get like a deaf sensation in my left ear. Then last week, thats when I start hearing pounding sounds. So what can the doctor give you to help you with this?

4. Karen
      Talkative

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      @Bessie,

There are no easy answers. I've had pulsatile tinnitus for 6 years now, and I've tried a number of remedies, but none have worked. However, my pulsatile tinnitus has gotten calmer over those six years, so that it isn't so intense any more.

It's a good idea to go to a doctor to be checked, just to be sure you don't have any other condition that may be causing the pulsating. Have you had any changes in your health recently? Do you have high blood pressure? Have you recently gained or lost weight? These are all thing to consider. Sometimes, pulsating can be brought on by having high blood pressure. In that instance, sometimes a beta blocker drug can help you.

Some women find that they have pulsatile tinnitus after giving birth to a baby. In that instance, it may be caused by hormonal changes or by increased fluid volume in the body.

At any rate, you might want to see your doctor if it continues.

Best wishes,
      Karen

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Bessie
      Angelic

Bessie Member

Tinnitus Since:
      June 8, 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unkown
      I don't have high blood pressure but it could be because of my weight. At the doctor's. Will get some answers. God bless

6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Bessie
      Angelic

Bessie Member

Tinnitus Since:
      June 8, 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unkown
      Well i went to the doctor and she wrote a referal to see a ent doctor for a mri. But judging by the stories I've read on this site, people have gotten mri and the doctor couldn't find anything. So im thinking maybe i will get the same result. Also, i've done some research on how vitamin b12 and zinc can help the tinnitus. It's worth a shot but i'll try it. God bless everyone

7. Karen
      Talkative

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Hi, @Bessie,

Yes, those can help regular tinnitus, for some people. But for pulsatile tinnitus, unless you have a severe case of vitamin B-12 deficiency, I'm not sure you'll notice much difference. I took both of those supplements myself for awhile, but for me, it didn't help.

You mentioned a weight issue, and sometimes that can cause or exacerbate pulsatile tinnitus. Also, you might want to do some research online on benign intracranial hypertension. It's not real hypertension, it is when there is too much fluid circulating around your brain. If you have any of the symptoms, you should definitely ask your doctor about it, because many people have been helped by a lumbar puncture and/or medication.

Please read the symptoms, and see what you think.

Best wishes,
      Karen

8. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Bessie
      Angelic

Bessie Member

Tinnitus Since:
      June 8, 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unkown
      Well I don't have any headaches, im not coughing nor do I have an pain or pressure in my head or shoulders. But I like say that the whooshing sound i've been hearing for a week is now starting to fade some. i would next week, I should be fine. but do you think I should still get the MRI next week?

9. Karen
      Talkative

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Good question. I'd say that even if it fades, but you still have pulsating, it wouldn't be a bad idea to go ahead with it, along as it's already scheduled. Even if they don't find anything, it will ease your mind to know that everything is all right.