Ear Wax

Discussion in 'Support' started by DavidSupertramp, Dec 6, 2015.

tinnitus forum
    1. DavidSupertramp
      Cheerful

DavidSupertramp Member

Tinnitus Since:
      9/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma and TMJD
      Hi , ive had T for some months now ( noise induced ) .
      A few days ago my left ear started to get a bit muffled (fullness sensation), i used some earwax drops but there wasnt really a improvement . And today i used a cotton swab to see if it was really earwax inside my ear canal ( which was a really stupid idea ) and suddenly my left ear got all clogged . It feels like there is a fullness in my ear , btw i didnt forced the cotton swab , i used it gently .Anyway i know it is really bad for my ears .. I just hope it is not hearing loss or anything i have damaged inside . The fullness feeling and muffled hearing goes away when i pull my ear lob downwards . I will go to the ENT later but right now im anxious it is something else rather than earwax blocking the canal :( ..

2. quietatnight
      Frustrated

quietatnight Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Accustic tramma due being too close to a fire craker when I was a kid
      David

I have that on and off all the time, once you get to the ENT and have the wax removed, you should be fine. Right now it's blocking out sound of course. So just try and stay calm.

Just make sure that they remove it manually only,,, NO SUCTION, or syringing.

Good luck at the ENT office,

Louie
      Quietatnight

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1