Eardrum Pain + Tinnitus — Picture of Eardrum Included (Otoscope)

Discussion in 'Support' started by amcg, Feb 27, 2019.

1. amcg

amcg Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Hey Everyone!

Been a long time lurker on the forum and finally got the courage to sign up.. I've had tinnitus in both my ears since September 2017 - it's been a struggle but I've persevered and it hasn't stopped me from doing the things I love in life!

Anyway, since my tinnitus I've a new found interest in how the ear works (I guess most people with t are like this!) I recently bought an otoscope and thought it would be interesting to try out. I've had ear pain/itchiness for the past few days so decided to test the otoscope.

I've attached a screenshot of my ear, I know this is not a place for diagnosis but I'm very curious to see if anyone knows what the brownish ring/circle could be? I had grommets as a kid but I didn't think scarring would look like this? Has anyone else come across this?

ear.png

Thanks!

2. Gman
      No Mood

Gman Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ototoxic earwax drops, worsened by MDs (Muppet Doctors)
      Go to your local doctor and see what they think.

• Agree Agree x 1
    3. Juan

Juan Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Several causes
      Go to an ENT. I am not a doctor, but I have seen my eardrum with an otoscope with camera, and some pictures of eardrums at several doctors, and that is not normal, the eardrum should look all translucid, white-ish.

• Like Like x 1