EarPeace HD Earplugs?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Luke123497, Feb 22, 2015.

1. Luke123497
      Wisdomatic

Luke123497 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise exposure
      It's been a while since i last posted on here and gladly I can ive only ever had 2 minor spikes from flu or congestion in just over 9 months of T so that's gotta be a good thing :)

Anyway on to my question with a bit of a background story last week I was invited out to a pub with my friends Where a DJ was playing so with a bit of hesitation I agreed to go.. Anyway the music was loud yeah and I was worried that my T was gonna get worse as I had no earplugs or any form of protection in.. Anyway luckily this wasn't the case and my T wasnt affected thank God.. So yeah it's my friends 18th soon and he's asked if we would like to go clubbing in town which I agreed to.. So immediately after I said I'd go i began to look for earplugs to where on the night to hopefully provide me with some protection and I came across these on the Internet called 'EarPeace HD' and have heard good things about them, so yeah if anyone has any clue on what they are actually like it would be much appreciated. (Also sorry for any grammar errors in in a rush)

2. dochoppy
      No Mood

dochoppy Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      3/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise exposure, drug combo?
      I have several pair, they are pretty good and affordable.

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Luke123497
      Wisdomatic

Luke123497 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise exposure
      An
      Do you advise me wearing them to a club to hopefully not affect my T or do you think I should just stay away from the club altogether? Any advice is appreciated.

4. AlecP
      Procrastinating

AlecP Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma (I think)
      Well I mean if you wanted to be 100% safe, it would be better to stay away from clubs and loud bars completely. The thing is though, hiding away from fun but loud places is no way to live really! Some people with tinnitus and hyperacusis will not go near those places because they are afraid it will make things worse, I know because I was one of those people (although thankfully I do not have H). I now find that having a great time with my friends is worth the risk, I just make sure to wear earplugs :) So my advice to you would be go for it and have a laugh, these are the best years of your life so don't waste em!!

Alec

5. SoulStation
      No Mood

SoulStation Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise / Possible Medication
      I'd wear some with a higher NRR for a club.