Ears Popping

Discussion in 'Support' started by theekarwash, Aug 20, 2014.

1. theekarwash
      Nerdy

theekarwash Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise and/or Ear Infeciton
      My ears continually pop every day, whenever I sniff through my nose, and when my ears pop in the noise changes. Cause of tinnitus is (I think) ear infection. Could this be related? Whenever I pull on my ear the noise changes too.

2. Mark McDill
      Curious

Mark McDill Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Likely stress, anxiety, an antibiotic and nsaids
      Absolutely related; if your eustachian tubes are clogged or inflamed it has a direct effect on your hearing -- specifically in the beginning stages of hearing (ear drum, anvil, etc.). A coworker of mine recently had a bout with inflamed eustachian tubes; she complained of ringing (not severe) and dizziness.

Yes, pulling on your ear physically manipulates the eustachian tube and changes the noise attenuation (so things sounds different).

I'm no doc, but I would imagine it is a good thing if they are popping every day; it's when they don't pop that you are in trouble (clogged). Essentially, the eustachain tube is the sewer pipe for the ear and nose cavity (sorry if that is too vulgar). It takes out the trash and all infectious bacteria (very important, indeed). Failure to take out the trash results in deeper infections that can really harm (permanently) your inner ear.

Have you talked to a doctor about this? It would be a good idea.

• Agree Agree x 1
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      theekarwash
      Nerdy

theekarwash Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Thanks for the information!

I have spoken to a doctor back when I had an infection. I'm currently waiting on an appointment with an ENT (it can take months over here.)

I'm hoping that if whatever is causing my ears to pop goes away, my T will go away. I suffer from hay fever during summer months so I'm wondering if that could be causing it.

• Agree Agree x 1
    4. Jay M
      Thinking

Jay M Member

Tinnitus Since:
      4/4/14
      How did your coworker deal with it and get bettr?

• Like Like x 1
    5. Mark McDill
      Curious

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Her eustachian tubes eventually cleared up and the inflammation went down (as did the related issues of balance and a little ear ringing)

6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      theekarwash
      Nerdy

theekarwash Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Do you know how long it took? :)

• Like Like x 1
    7. Mark McDill
      Curious

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I haven't talked to her for a couple of weeks; she was on the mend after about 3 weeks (but that was with meds). I will see her next week and will ask her about it.