Emailed the Frauds at Tinnitus.org

Discussion in 'Support' started by japongus, Feb 6, 2018.

1. japongus

japongus Member

Tinnitus Since:
      I was recently offended yet again by the stupidity of the Jastrebluffites when I chanced upon their shitty attempt at brandsquatting at that site. I read the retarded, lazy, disgusting, disgraceful and already thoroughly debunked statement ''Since all people with hyperacusis can be helped by a behavioural approach with ‘sound’ therapy, it has become clear that the symptoms cannot be the result of irreversible ear damage'' at http://tinnitus.org/hyperacusis-etc/ so I sent them this email. Not holding my breath on whether those half-assed good-for-nothing intellectual slob cowards will take heed.

''Do you still believe the rubbish you write about hyperacusis that it is '' due to an alteration in the central processing of sound in the auditory pathways where there is an abnormally strong reaction from exposure to moderate sound levels. ''... now that we know for certain that certain types of hyperacusis were due to a malfunctioning stapes (Herbert Silverstein reinforcement procedure), and others were due to a malfunctioning eustachian tube (Schedler and Hain success with grommets, Sudhoff success with vox injections in the tube)? If some patulous tube syndrome experts admit that there's a host of symptoms from PET that don't necessarily include autophony that can be addressed with tube treatment, perhaps hyperacusis was a middle ear issue all along. So instead of ''The cochlea is often completely normal, although patients frequently wrongly believe it is irreversibly damaged. '', it would seem that patients were right all along to suspect that it was a middle ear issue all along. Why did Dr Hazell not follow this path down when he wrote ''Patulous Eustachian tube syndrome: The relationship with sensorineural hearing loss Treatment by Eustachian tube diathermy'' decades ago? In that paper the link between acoustic trauma and patulous tube is suspected (and so is cochlear damage). It was one thing to pull back on the mixed reviews tenotomies got for treating hyperacusis by saying that the muscles were part of the acoustic reflex and so were also mediated centrally, it's another thing entirely different to say that now apparently cognitive behavioral therapy of the auditory process can cure something that's so obviously not aurally mediated like the eustachian tube.''

• Winner Winner x 2
      • Like Like x 1
    2. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      japongus

japongus Member

Tinnitus Since:
      I forgot to mention the guy who was cured from startle ''hyperacusis'' with eardrum reinforcement, and anesthesia and lidocaine on the eustachian tube. Hazell is such a failure for saying that there's no damage in the ear, what a loser. He'd dismiss the patient as being a hunter-gatherer that hasn't got his shit together and he'd still be suffering to this day.

• Like Like x 1
    3. Bobby B
      Fine

Bobby B Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Large caliber rifles&machine guns, +30 years of loud clubs
      I think we have recent studies that discovered actual nerve pain receptors inside the ears - discomfort / pain to loudish sound is similar to pain in other damaged body part that have nerves with pain receptors

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      japongus

japongus Member

Tinnitus Since:
      They discovered a few pain fibers somewhere in the cochlea but to the best of my recollection didn't prove it was linked to H and T. They also didn't explain why some T and H behaves just like an amplifier in the ear and feels just like it, whereas other people, often ones who complain about pain, don't feel anything in the ear at all, and other people have far louder T but no H. Mine is the first case, and the H thumps just like a faulty oscillating vibrating loudspeaker (my T) would, so I'm very irritated by habituation rhetoric.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2018
      • Like Like x 1
    5. Juan

Juan Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Several causes
      Reading the book "living with tinnitus and hyperacusis" by David Baguley, Laurence McKenna and Don McFerran is reading through a series of wrong hypothesis, bad advice, and a complete lack of understanding of how hyperacusis works. Books like this, or the infamous TRT book by Jastreboff are a tribute to medical ignorance. Just thinking that these guys teach at some of the world most renowned universities gives me the creeps.

• Agree Agree x 4
      • Hug Hug x 1
    6. threefirefour
      Peeping tom

threefirefour Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      5/15/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      140dB B R U H moment
      Wait, fraudlords like this get jobs at places of higher education? Disgusting.

• Agree Agree x 1
    7. PaulBe

PaulBe Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Probably sound, though never proven
      The history of medicine is replete with people famous and illustrious for grand theories and works, which later were proven incomplete or plain wrong.

• Like Like x 1
    8. Cheza
      Wishful

Cheza Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Barking dogs/stress
      High-intensity electroshock therapy to treat severe mental illness and attributing chronic fatigue syndrome to hysteria are two instances which come to mind.

Once a professional stakes their livelihood and reputation on a theory they've developed, it's very unusual that they will change their attitudes or their beliefs.

• Agree Agree x 2
    9. PaulBe

PaulBe Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Probably sound, though never proven
      To do so would be a measure of greatness, but all the world would remember is a fool.

• Agree Agree x 2
      • Like Like x 1