End This...

Discussion in 'Support' started by Hunszi, Mar 1, 2016.

1. noisebox
      Loved

noisebox Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      West End show. Came back 2015 vitamin D overdose prescribed
      After I got T in 2012 I read all I could and learnt that ears need protecting. I think my original T came from a loud show.
      I continued to protect them if I had to go to a loud event. I went to one party. I avoided all loud places.
      Guess what my T suffered a set back in 2015, it was medication related. So what good did protecting my ears do me?

2. Telis

Telis Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Drugs barotrauma
      I think that tinnitus is mainly from toxins, meds included. You should be able to endure loud noise, loose hearing and not get T, otherwise everyone would have this T issue. It's handy to always blame noise because everyone is exposed to it.

Like all my friends (with no T) I spent years at clubs, concerts, playing loud sports, not until I took medications did I get T. I did damage my ear drums through barotrauma and had a very slight hint of a hiss that probably would have gone away on its own, not until I took antibiotic ear drops did I get real tinnitus. My tinnitus was further worsened with sleeping pills, Ads and benzos. I'm now stuck with smoke alarms going off in my brain 24 7 and apparent brain damage (shown in a qEEG scan) all after consuming meds. Prior to this I don't think I had taken even a antibiotic in 30 plus years.

I think the drug companies have everyone fooled. Everyone links T to noise when they should be thinking brain health and what toxins were lingering in their system when onset occurred. Also, the doctors throw any reports of medication related T out the window, none of them seem to want to report or believe the drugs that they hand out like candy can be causing brain damage and weakening nerves.

I don't think noise is as dangerous as people seem to think unless you have a weakened/damaged brain like I do now. Yes noise makes my situation worse now, by this is far from the underlaying cause.

I have a ton of friends that listen to headphones all day (loud) at work, visit insanely loud clubs a few times a week, go to concerts, play in bands in their basements etc etc. it's funny none of them have T. I think the noise thing is a big myth, otherwise it would be 99 percent of people with T, not 10.

There needs to be more awareness about the dangers of drugs and hearing, not as much for noise. Again my opinion. I know WAY WAY too many people that are not effected by noise (including myself prior to ototoxic damage) to be a more than suspicious. There's more to this story and far too many coincidences.

Just my opinion and experience so don't jump all over me here. Thx

• Agree Agree x 2
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Hunszi
      Alone

Hunszi Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2015 (got worse in 20,21)
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      Actually @Telis I`m really agree with you. Recently I think about why a few people get T and why many other never. I got T after 3-4 parties on one place and my friends are going almost every week for 2-3 years, they are all T free persons...Sadly I can`t blame to medication, because I`m never using them, absolutely none of them.

There is some difference in our brain, that`s why I`m pretty scared that no future medication will able to fix this gene thing.