ENT Says Microsuction and Clotrimazole Must Be Used to Clean Out My Fungal Infection

Discussion in 'Support' started by Mr_Orange_3737, Feb 12, 2021.

1. Mr_Orange_3737

Mr_Orange_3737 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      8/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Earwax syringing removal
      I got diagnosed with a fungal infection by my ENT today. She said that microsuction will have to be used to fully clean everything out in combination with Clotrimazole drops.

I told her about the many reports on here of microsuction making tinnitus worse or starting tinnitus in the first place but she says she's never gotten any complaints herself. I myself got tinnitus from syringing and wish more than anything that I came here first and read all the warnings against it. I also have H as well and I'm worried about getting a spike in that as well.

She said that I can try to see if Clotrimazole drops will clear it out in a week but she thinks this is unlikely. It may also decrease the amount of microsuction that needs to be done though so she said this is worth trying.

Next Thursday, if it doesn't fully clear, I will likely have to do microsuction or else the fungal infection won't go away on its own.

Does anyone know if there are alternative ways to clear out a fungal infection?

From reading these boards, it seems like using a curette is the only safe technique but the ENT said it will take too long and it won't be as thorough.