Epilepsy Related Brain Measurement, Interested to See If Tinnitus Shows Up

Discussion in 'Support' started by Frenger, May 19, 2020.

1. Frenger

Frenger Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I have a history of tinnitus, visual snow, dizziness, purple spots in my eyesight etc for 12 years.

Three years ago I had a bad day. I had loud tinnitus and I felt dizzy to the point I couldn’t get out of the bed. I called an ambulance for myself. Being 22 years old at the time, the ambulance guys dismissed me and claimed I probably just have the flu...

They took me to the hospital anyway and turns out I have a brain tumor called Dysembryoplastic neuroepithelial tumor (DNET). The neurologist suspects I might have had it since I was born and it just came to light with this event. However, there’s still a lot of uncertainty in my diagnosis.

Today I went to the clinic and got 20+ electrodes attached to my head and I have to walk around with this machine on my waist for three days. It measures the electric impulses in the brain. I got a diary to write down when I eat, sleep, wake up and have symptoms or flare ups. She asked me to also write down when my tinnitus changes and I will also have to press this signal button on the machine so they find the right prints.

I’m feeling really hopeful this will give some answers as to what might be behind my tinnitus. I will be sharing the results here when they come.

• Informative Informative x 1
      • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    2. Croaker
      Haunting

Croaker Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2019 T, 04/2020 H
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Headphones/Car Alarm/Immune Response?
      I'm sorry to hear about your condition, but it's good to see you are optimistic about finding the cause behind your tinnitus. Every case like yours brings us one step closer to understanding the wet buggy mess inside our skulls. Good luck to you!