ETD — Need Advice/Information

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by JamesD266, Oct 24, 2018.

1. JamesD266

JamesD266 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Don't know.
      Hi guys, I'm James. I know this is a site for tinnitus but it was the only site I saw that had forums discussing ETD (Eustachian Tube Dysfunction). I was recently diagnosed with it by my ENT doctor and neither he/nor I know what caused it.

My symptoms are fullness and the inability to "pop" my right ear. My Dr. currently has me on steroids and hopes this will clear it up but I am extremely worried as nothing I do (yawn, sneeze etc.) seems to help pop my ear. I also tried the Eustachi from Amazon and still nothing...

Anyone have any information that could help? Really would love some advice.

Thanks!

• Hug Hug x 1
    2. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      @JamesD266 ,
      Welcome to Tinnitus Talk.
      Try an antihistamine to reduce mucous and a steroid nasil spray to clear your tubes.
      love glynis

• Helpful Helpful x 1
    3. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      Welcome to the forum. ETD is a much discussed condition. If there is not enough response here in the Introduction, you may want to post this again to the main support forum which has more readership. Another thing is that if you eustachian tube is blocked, you may want to try a simple and easy technique posted on youtube. It may help drain the blockage if any. Good luck. God bless.

20 Second Miracle Technique for Instant...

4. cheyennes

cheyennes Member

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ETD
      Hi! It's definitely a frustrating condition. In addition to the steroid nasal spray and antihistamine, "steaming" (boiling water, then sitting in front of it with a towel covering your head and the bowl) can be helpful, at least temporarily.

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      JamesD266

JamesD266 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Don't know.
      Hey guys, thanks for the responses. This all started a month ago after I took two types of ear drops. First Ciprodex for 5 days then Acetic acid for 5 days. Because the first doctor said I had an ear infection and the second a fungal. My Eustachian tube has since closed up and I am unable to pop it - literally have tried everything. The Doctor doesn't seem to know (or care) about what is going on...

6. Rogerde2018
      Alone

Rogerde2018 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      March 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Etd
      Hey James, I also have etd and I’ve done many things to fix this, if you need more info about people dealing with this you can join the clicking popping group in Facebook. ETD is complex and seems that there are not many real answers. So I just want to mention that if you only have it in one ear is better than to have it in both. Also I hope you don’t have T. Let me know if I can help you with more info.

7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      JamesD266

JamesD266 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Don't know.
      Hi, Rogerde2018.

Thanks for the fast reply - and you're right I'm glad I don't have it in both ears. I'm still very distressed. I don't use Facebook and deleted my account years ago. Is there anyway I can talk to you and ask you questions? I'm worried about tinnitus starting up if I have ETD.

8. Rogerde2018
      Alone

Rogerde2018 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      March 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Etd
      Hey James if you have messenger we can keep in touch