Every 3 Days There Will Be an Annoying, Loud Hissing Mostly in My Left Ear — The Cycle Repeats

Discussion in 'Support' started by Sharbear, Apr 2, 2019.

1. Sharbear

Sharbear Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Antidepressant withdrawal?
      Hello!

I've been tracking my tinnitus by keeping a journal. I'm not always consistent, but what I've observed is that I will have 2 days of minimal sounds that are not as bothersome. Then on the 3rd day, there will be an annoying, loud hissing mostly in my left ear. It continues throughout the day. I've tried supplements and medications, but not sure they really help. However, for some reason, after the horrible 3rd day it tends to get better for 2 days.

I'm wondering if circulation has something to do with it. Has anyone else noticed this pattern?

Thanks,
      Shari

2. Jack Straw
      Balanced

Jack Straw Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      1990s
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Infection, Acoustic Trauma
      If this is the case look at everything that happens in those 3 days.

Is there a change in diet? Change in sleep? Change in noise exposure? Change in supplements? Change in water intake? Change in travel time? Change in stress?

Try to monitor all the things that could be effecting your tinnitus and see if there is a relationship somewhere.

3. JohnAdams
      Festive

JohnAdams Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      May 1st 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Aspirin Toxicity/Possibly Noise
      I have experienced fluctuations like.

I think we have nerve damage in our cochlea and the nerves function normally for a few days and then just get wore out and then recover a little and repeat the whole process over again.

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Informative Informative x 1
    4. Contrast
      No Mood

Contrast Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      late 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise injury
      I actually subscribe to the idea that the brain filters out some tinnitus perception (hyperactive nerve cells in the auditory brain) That's what Josef Rauschecker hypothesized, not all of them are perceived as tinnitus.

• Like Like x 1
    5. HiDezGuy74

HiDezGuy74 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Sept 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma - metal grinder tool
      @Sharbear Your experience describes my T since my acoustic trauma last Sept. I'll have a couple of days that are quiet (it's still there, but almost imperceptible for most of the day) and then it ramps back up and it's much more difficult to tune out. It's made habituation difficult, but I've been working hard to try and not let it affect me emotionally when these spikes occur. I have a high-pitched hiss in my left ear, too.